Posted in Marketing 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast’s Consumer Public Relations team creates the strategies and tactics that help drive awareness and usage of the consumer products and services of this Fortune 50 company. The Sr. Director of Multicultural Communications will be responsible for planning and executing multicultural communications efforts across Xfinity Consumer Services, including Xfinity TV, Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Home, Xfinity Mobile, and Xfinity Voice.
The ideal candidate will be bilingual and have the ability to develop and sustain excellent relationships with multicultural press across consumer, entertainment, business and tech, and bloggers. Experience successfully developing and executing fresh, multi-faceted earned media campaigns and leading large projects from top to bottom. This individual will help set and align campaign priorities and play a pivotal role in crafting fresh narratives that support business strategies and reach diverse audiences. S/he will be responsible for developing programs that authentically engage multicultural communities to build brand affinity and deliver impact.
Responsible for managing and driving multicultural press across consumer product lines including Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex, Xfinity xFi, Xfinity Mobile, and Xfinity Home, identifying and creating opportunities to show Xfinity services working better together in ways relevant to multicultural audiences. S/he must be a self-starter who thinks strategically and own multiple projects simultaneously with efficiency and effectiveness. Excellent writing, attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines is a must. Experience working with multicultural print, broadcast, radio, and digital media, industry analysts and influencers, as well as with managing communications across both external and internal audiences is essential. Experience managing agencies is also ideal.
S/he will have keen and creative public relations intuition, strong interpersonal skills, and strong presentation skills. Social media savvy is a must to engage with both traditional and non-traditional consumer technology influencers.
Demonstrated Ability To:
- Manage proactive communications initiatives designed to support and promote Comcast’s product vision/strategy to external media as well as non-traditional influencer audiences.
- Write and edit communications materials (in English and Spanish) and develop communications plans including talking points, executive scripts, press releases, blog posts, and creative media pitches for company-sponsored events related to ongoing campaigns or new product launches.
- Effectively interface with senior management and develop strong executive relationships.
- Work in a dynamic and highly matrixed environment alongside External and Internal Communications, Investor Relations, Marketing, Government Affairs, Community Investment, as well as partner with Market-Level PR Representatives, in addition to senior executives to promote and protect the Comcast brand externally.
- Provide guidance to product communications teams and executives in crisis communications situations; manage crises directly as needed (on/off hours).
- Use appropriate combination of technology and varying communications media, including press releases, blog posts, and social media channels to reach both internal and external audiences.
- Ensure messages are written appropriately for Comcast’s diverse employee and community populations.
- Develop metrics to assess the effectiveness and impact of communications initiatives.
- Serve as a liaison with PR agencies, news agencies, and event organizers to ensure project goals are met and timetables/budget parameters are kept.
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant communications experience. PR agency or corporate communications a plus.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish, preferred.
- Experience in developing proactive, creative media relations campaigns to consumer communications.
- Bachelor’s degree required; business, communications or journalism discipline preferred.
- A savvy, smart, efficient, fast-working, results-oriented creative leader with good intuition for media opportunities and issues.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Issues management experience and an ability to manage crises on off-hours.
- A 24/7 professional capable of juggling projects at night and/or on weekends
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer