Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Job Location: NYC, NY, Hartford, CT, Raleigh, NC, Pittsburgh, PA or work at home on the East Coast/Mid West.
The leader for this role will work in Cigna’s Global Data & Analytics organization within the Consumer & Clinical Analytics (CCA) team. The Data Science Sr. Manager will oversee utilization and development of analytic methods and modeling for integrated product solutions to support Consumer Health Engagement (CHE) clinical functions, including the Client High Acuity Model (CHAM). He/she will interface extensively with client representatives in conjunction with a broader Cigna team to practically define and solve priority goals and clinical use cases with analytic tools. He/she will partner with internal Medical Management teams, other reporting and analytic teams, and IT to strategize on and implement integrated and CHAM specific analytic tools.
You will be responsible for understanding key clinical drivers of medical cost results, educating matrix partners, and valuing financial impact of clinical actions to mitigate medical cost. He/she will provide guidance, leadership, and development to staff analysts.
· Responsible for executing healthcare client and customer-level analytics in support of Consumer Health Engagement (CHE) and Client High Acuity Model (CHAM) clinical functions
· Responsible for development of and management to Total Medical Cost and Operating Expense budgets
· Engage with key partners in Medical Management, Network, IT, and Data & Analytics to help develop, execute and maintain the integrated CHE products in a changing healthcare environment
· Ongoing partnership with client representatives, Medical Management, Pricing, Network, and internal analytics and reporting teams to identify clinical opportunities and evaluate improvements and outcomes
· Effective communication with client representatives of analytic strategies, timelines, and outcomes
· Communication with and influencing of key matrix partners to ensure goals and targets are met.
· Stewardship of analytic models and analysis/accuracy of client specific outputs
· Drives change initiatives to address prospective business needs; acts as catalyst through multiple layers to spark enthusiasm, collaboration and results
· Responsible for day to day management of an analytical staff (data scientists)
· Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree preferred, in Data Analytics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, or Mathematics; Management and Clinical/Healthcare training is a plus
· Analytic Experience (4-6 years minimum) in the managed care or healthcare provider industry
· Proven skills in understanding clinical analytics to set strategies/tactics to achieve both cost and quality objectives
· Previous experience managing a team of data scientists (up to 6)
· Demonstrated excellence in leadership ability to engage and motivate staff and matrix partners in a high performance culture
· Strategic thinker with both sound and broad business acumen
· Experience working successfully in a large corporate matrix environment
· Proven experience managing multiple priorities and agility in adapting to change
· Change leader who will be proactive in assisting in positive growth for the future
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.