Posted in Admin - Clerical 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
Coordinates, diagnoses, and troubleshoots incoming employee IT service requests. Provides support services to employees with technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptop or network services from local personnel or from employees using network remote access. Provides ongoing local network support for the business unit including the main office, plants, satellite offices, and job site locations to ensure workforce efficiency and productivity. Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to appropriate technical personnel. Provides case status updates to management and end-users. Supports and maintains effective relationships with end users, local business management, and Corporate IT Staff. Develops information technology projects and provides strategic management and objectives for the business unit. Follows standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to IT support.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Handle incoming IT Service Desk support calls to ensure computer users’ inquiries are addressed in a timely manner.
2. Resolve local network and communication issues to maintain operational readiness.
3. Maintain and support local Cisco VoIP telephones and related equipment.
4. Assist in the maintenance of the local Active Directory OU, installation and configuration of the local network applications, servers, file shares, network services and associated objects in accordance with company policies and procedures.
5. Assist in the development and maintenance of business unit IT documentation to enable consistent standards and operating procedures.
6. Assist in the testing of the local Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans to ensure minimum downtime in the event of a disaster.
7. Assist in coordinating the acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance of IT equipment in compliance with corporate standards.
8. Assist in the maintenance of hardware inventory, licensing and asset rotation consistent with company policies and procedures.
9. Assist with the design, installation, requirement gathering, and maintenance of IT resources for acquisitions, large projects and joint ventures to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
10. Support business applications to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
11. Resolve PC hardware/software problems to minimize down time and meet SLA requirements.
12. Assist Business Unit management in determining future IT needs at the location, enterprise initiatives, budgets, forecasts, licensing and asset rotation to ensure profitability and alignment with Company goals and objectives.
13. Maintain open communication with Group IT Manager and local Business Manager to ensure effective problem resolution and establishment of priorities.
• Associates degree or equivalent combination of training, experience and certifications.
• CompTIA A+.
• Microsoft Certified Professional preferred.
• CompTIA Network+ preferred
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience in network and PC support for a multi-site business environment.
• Familiarity with cost accounting, budgeting, and forecasting.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Uses professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
• Works on problems of moderate to advanced scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Normally receives minimal instruction on routine work, General instruction on new projects or assignments.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server and Microsoft Active Directory.
• Working Knowledge of Office 365 administration
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Working Knowledge of iPhone and iPad support
• Working knowledge of Dell and HP servers, workstations, and storage products.
• Basic knowledge of Cisco Internetworking products.
• Basic knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications.
• Ability to convey technical concepts and ideas to non-technical personnel.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.