Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hudson, Massachusetts
GLOBAL CATEGORY MANAGER - DIRECT MATERIALS
North America, USA, Massachusetts, Hudson
Smiths Interconnect provides high-speed, secure connectivity solutions that can perform at extremes of pressure and temperature. Our microwave technology is used to keep military radar systems online while our antenna solutions are installed across aircraft and space applications to enhance communications. Innovative cable solutions increase signaling functionality in autonomous transport systems and augmented reality and surgical robotics are made possible with connectors that increase bandwidth and data rates. Customers rely on Smiths Interconnect for mission-critical connectivity in the harshest environments.
Our blue-chip customers include Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, Huawei, NVIDIA and Biosense Webster.
As one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 1800 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future. Job Description
To work out of our Hudson, MA or Kansas City, KS office!
* Develop and implement Procurement strategies that secure the best total value for the materials that Smiths Interconnect purchases worldwide
* Establish strategic direction and ongoing management of assigned categories for direct materials that support the immediate and future needs of the business.
* Develop and maintain a qualified supply base, while understanding technology trends and market influences
* Maintain overall business ownership of specific categories to include managing, facilitating, and monitoring communications with suppliers and Smiths Interconnect employees
Duties & Responsibilities
* Develop, lead and communicate strategies for assigned categories. Gain approval of category strategies through regular meetings and communication with key stakeholders across the Smiths Interconnect business.
* Lead and/or guide all supplier selection activities to ensure these are in line with category strategies and support the needs of the business.
* Create a supplier reduction roadmap and ensure this is successfully implemented for assigned categories
* Utilize strategic Procurement tools and techniques to drive maximum value (eRFx, TCO, Should-Cost Modelling, etc)
* Develop and deploy cost reduction/profit improvement plans with suppliers that achieve/exceed the annual cost improvement target and which are reflected in the Smiths Interconnect P&L.
* Ensure that cost reduction tracking tools, including the Smiths Excellence System (SES) tools, are constantly maintained and updated to reflect the latest position. Report progress against your personal cost reduction target.
* Prepare Business Cases, including ROI models, and effectively present rational for cost savings opportunities, including results of commodity metrics to Senior Leadership
* Drive working capital improvement through extending supplier payment terms and supporting the Operation Procurement team with the implementation of VMI programs.
* Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships through utilizing a consistent and robust Supplier Relationship Management process; delivering the required performance from our supply base.
* Implement robust supplier contracts to reduce risk and drive the required level of supplier performance from the assigned categories.
* Maintain current knowledge industry and market factors affecting assigned categories, to allow for effective discussion and negotiating with technical personnel within Smiths Interconnect and the supplier network.
* Lead and support Make vs Buy activities acting as expert for assigned categories.
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Degree ideally within Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or Economics
* Significant experience within Procurement and Supply Chain; ideally with experience of developing and implementing category strategies within a global organization.
* Highly skilled in Supplier Relationship Management including negotiating and influencing
* Experienced in cost management practices, with a history of delivery against cost reduction targets.
* Strong personal drive and motivation; focused on delivering results through continuous improvement.
* Structured and organized in approach and comfortable managing multiple projects to deadlines
* Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS); American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) or equivalent experience.
Travel %: 30% (global travel)
Planning and Decision Making:
* Leadership, customer service, problem-solving, communication, negotiation, tact, judgment, and organizational skills
* Proficient at thinking and acting strategically, championing change, and generating innovative solutions
Possess a strong customer focus with the ability to manage multiple projects under deadline constraints
Internal & External Key Stakeholders & Relationships
* Global Procurement Organization
* Suppliers within the approved supplier list and potential new suppliers
Smiths Interconnect (www.smithsinterconnect.com) is a leading provider of electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that connect, protect and control critical applications in the commercial aviation, defense, space, semiconductor test, medical, rail, industrial and test and measurement markets. Smiths Interconnect s high technology brands (EMC, RF Labs, Lorch Hypertac, IDI, TRAK, TECOM, and Millitech) are synonymous with exceptional performance whenever a technologically advanced, high quality solution is requested to ensure reliability and safety. Blue chip customers include Raytheon, BAE Systems, Finmeccanica-Leonardo, Airbus, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Alstom, and Biosense Webster, just to name a few. One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 2000 people globally with locations in the US, Mexico, Costa Rica, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Tunisia, Singapore, and China, and a global sales and distribution network.
Smiths Interconnect is an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled