Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
OVERVIEW To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for assisting physicians/providers with patient care, rooming patients, clerical, environmental and organizational tasks. Responsible for appointment scheduling and chart management. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the practice services. Conveys a positive image of the practice.
* 1. Performs patient care responsibilities as assigned.
* 1.1 Identifies self to patient/family and explains to patient/family the roles of each member of the care delivery team.
* 2. Performs administrative responsibilities as assigned.
* 2.1 Sends/receives patient medical records and abstracts new patient records into EPIC.
* 3. Performs environmental responsibilities as assigned.
* 3.1 Sets up instruments and equipment according to department protocol.
* 4. Performs other related organizational duties as assigned
* 4.1 Maintains patient autonomy, confidentiality and dignity.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Graduation from an accredited medical assistant certificate program.* Certification/Registration (CCMA/CMA/AAMA/RMA) preferred. *Employees employed by YNHHS as a result of a merger or acquisition may meet educational requirements with the applicable combination of education and experience and demonstration of current competences.
Minimum of 1 year private practice medical assistant experience preferred in a primary care or specialist office.
Medical Assisting Certification preferred.
Excellent, organizational, communication, customer service and teamwork skills required. Ability to multi-task is essential. EMR experience preferred and working knowledge of Microsoft office applications required. CPR certification preferred. Bilingual preferred but not required. Core philosophy or values consistent with a patient-centered approach to care. Demonstrates professional, appropriate, effective and tactful written, verbal and nonverbal communication with patients, families, medical staff, colleagues, vendors, and other departments throughout the continuum of care to promote continuity of care and services and enhance clinical image.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids. Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged. Must complete work in a timely fashion.