Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Concord, New Hampshire
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Technical Specialist
We have a great opportunity for a motivated self-starter on our Graphic Technical Services team. This team is an internal consulting group specialized in the implementation and sustainment of print quality and consistency across the GPI workflow. The main driver for these activities is the enablement of GPI to produce any job, any place, any time. This position will be located in Concord, NH or the Mid-West (Chicago) area.
The functions of this group include but are not limited to:
* Development and implementation of best practices for inputs and workflows into the print production process.
* Providing process control and reporting tools to drive print quality consistency across GPI's printing/converting facilities.
* Providing training and mentorship related to software, workflows, and best practices.
* Education and implementation of industry and customer trends in technology, color measurement and tolerancing, plates, press technologies, inks/coatings, and graphics software/workflows.
* Develop, configure, implement, and maintain the infrastructure related to our color communication, color measurement, process control, and reporting platforms.
The Graphic Technical Specialist is responsible for driving improvement and sustainability initiatives for overall print quality, color accuracy, and consistency improvement at multiple printing/converting facilities. The scope of this position is comprehensive and wide in terms of identifying improvement opportunities in the extended process, meaning it includes all supporting sub-processes and workflows that impact print quality and color accuracy & consistency. This position works in alignment and coordination with operations and customer expectations in developing improvement activities.
This position requires a travel commitment of up to 75% of available time. Candidate would be ideally located in proximity to a GPI corporate or production facility to report to when not traveling to share knowledge with other GPI stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Assess printing facilities and the workforce in terms of process capabilities, equipment capabilities, crew knowledge, skill, and experience levels, and productivity levels as they relate to the extended printing process. This includes press operating practices, procedures, supporting processes (platemaking, various raw materials and sub-processes), and color measurement & control systems.
* Develop and deliver customized training, to all stakeholders in the extended printing process to include operators, shift supervisors, operation managers, quality/continuous improvement (CI) resources, and others, as needed and appropriate.
* Development of comprehensive testing and certification programs for the operational workforce.
* Coordinate the publishing of written best practices documentation in alignment with training and educational objectives.
* Work with raw material suppliers to troubleshoot issues and continuously improve the printing process capabilities and quality levels.
* Work in alignment and participate with Graphic Services, Operations, Continuous Improvement and Quality in support of various print quality improvement strategies and initiatives (G7, Expanded Gamut, internal scorecards, print enhancements, etc.).
* Participate in strategic discussions regarding ongoing print quality improvement efforts in support of GPI and customer goals, objectives, and expectations.
* Support the development and implementation of Graphics programs such as ColorMAP and MeasureColor.
* Provide technical and process improvement support to Graphic Services as required.
* Communicate GPI Print Quality Systems and capabilities to customers and external Pre-Press providers.
* All other duties as assigned.
Ideally the individual that would be a strong fit for this position would have some of the following knowledge/skills and abilities:
* Knowledge of cause and effect in prepress, plating, and printing processes to diagnose challenges, and how upstream and downstream changes affect the workflow.
* Knowledge of and experience with web and sheetfed offset lithography, flexography and rotogravure printing on paperboard is desirable.
* Knowledge of and experience with various ink systems (i.e. water-based, conventional paste, UV, EB) for Flexo and offset applications as well as, potential interactions with other process inputs (i.e. fountain solution, plate/blanket material, rollers, anilox, etc.).
* A working knowledge of the platemaking process and workflow, including process control methodologies and curve adjustment strategies and techniques.
Software / Computer / Color Measurement Hardware
* Working knowledge of plate curve software - Curve Pilot, Curve 3/4, and/or ColorFlow.
* Expert knowledge of MeasureColor, its management, configuration, and press side operation.
* Working knowledge of profiling and color data manipulation tools such as ColorThink, ColorAnt, ColorEngine, Copra, i1Profiler, ProfileMaker.
* Working knowledge of X-Rite tools such as IQC and ColorCert
* Use and implementation of current X-Rite and Techkon devices in prepress, offset, and flexo environments.
* Demonstrate a consultative approach with confidence and persistence with the flexibility to meet your \\"customer\\" where they are and take them to where they need to be. Listen, Learn, Educate, Mentor.
* Dynamic, flexible, and personable team player with the ability to participate in team activities to achieve desired results.
* Effective time management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
* Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization.
* Ability to work independently while supporting team goals and objectives.
* Technical and analytical skills with working knowledge and experience with Lean Sigma process improvement tools, data analysis, and project management is preferred.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.