Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Clara, California
As a research intern in Keysight Laboratories, you will work on PIC characterization and analysis using automated state-of-the-art instrumentation in a well-equipped laboratory. You will have an opportunity to investigate PICs with a variety of functionalities for atypical applications with challenging requirements. You will be expected to help improve and further automate existing PIC characterization tools and analysis methodologies to increase productivity and reveal new insights. Hands-on experience characterizing PICs will be a key attribute of a successful candidate.
You will be working with a talented and multi-disciplinary team in Keysight's central research laboratory uniquely chartered with inventing and developing breakthrough electronic and optical measurement technologies. Our team consists of experts in fields ranging from photonics and microwaves to FPGA design and software engineering, all working on significant technology advances, and if they prove successful, to assist in their commercialization by Keysight's businesses. Consequently, you will see the results of your work in, for example, the latest next-generation high-speed oscilloscopes, optical spectrum analyzers, or other future test and measurement solutions.
Keysight foresees photonic integration playing an important role in future test and measurement technologies. With your skills and experience and an intern position in Keysight Labs, you will contribute directly to the revolution in photonic integration and drive its application into new measurement solutions in photonics and even electronics.
This position requires hands-on laboratory work and close collaboration with other team members. Consequently, this job must be performed from our offices in Santa Clara, California.
The successful candidate will possess a theoretical understanding as well as practical skills in the area of photonic integrated circuites (PICs), especially silicon photonics.
- Graduate student or postdoc majoring in Optisc, Physics, or Electrical / Computer engineering
- Strong familiarity with
- Integrated waveguide types and their properties
- Common PIC coupling techniques and related components
- Passive PIC components (directional couplers, polarization splitters, rings, MMI's, etc.)
- Active PIC components (photodetectors, modulators, heaters, etc.)
- Basic Python programming
- Hands-on experience with both optical and electrical test and measurement instrumentation
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team
Other valuable skills:
- Experience in PIC component simulation, modeling, and design
- Experience in PIC layout and GDS file handling
- Lab automation --- instrument control, data acquisition, and motion control
- Noise and signal analysis experience
- Familiarity with data analytics or machine learning
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Careers Privacy Statement
***Keysight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.***
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Candidates can be considered to work from the following locations:
Americas : United States : California : Santa Clara
Job ID : 35503