Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Keysight is the world's leading electronic measurement company, helping scientists and engineers address their toughest technical challenges with confidence through innovations in wireless, modular, and software solutions. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to deliver measurement solutions in wireless communications, aerospace and defense, and semiconductor markets with world-class platforms, software and consistent measurement science.
This job will be part of the Keysight Technology Organization, which helps Keysight be first to market, focusing on top opportunities and market trends that address unmet needs.
Join an extremely talented and multi-disciplinary team in Keysight Laboratories uniquely chartered with inventing and developing breakthrough electronic and optical measurement technologies. As a member of Keysight Technologies' central research organization, you'll work with a team of experts in fields ranging from photonics and microwaves to FPGA design and software engineering. You'll see the results of your research in, for example, the latest next-generation high-speed oscilloscopes, optical spectrum analyzers, and even future test and measurement solution to be defined by you.
Team members are typically assigned to one of a handful of applied research projects in our research portfolio—each aimed at providing breakthrough technologies for Keysight. These projects can be self-initiated by members of our team (perhaps you!) or by request from Keysight's business units. Our role in the central research laboratory is to invent, develop, and validate these breakthrough technologies, and if they prove successful, to assist in their commercialization by Keysight's businesses.
As a member of the team, your expertise will be applied in a variety of ways and on a variety of projects. You'll be asked to:
- Identify photonics technology trends and how they can best be harnessed for Keysight
- Invent new measurement concepts with the potential to significantly impact Keysight's businesses
- Implement these innovative concepts in actual hardware and software to prove feasibility
- Work with Keysight's businesses to transfer the technology into commercial products.
Keysight foresees photonic integration playing an important role in future test and measurement technologies. With your skills and experience and a position in Keysight Labs, you will contribute directly to the revolution in photonic integration and drive its application into new measurement solutions.
To foster innovation, this position requires close collaboration with other team members. Consequently, this job must be performed from our offices in Santa Clara, California.
The successful candidate will possess a deep theoretical understanding as well as strong practical skills in the general area of photonics and in the focused area of photonic integrated circuits (PICs). As this is an applied research position, the successful candidate will have demonstrated a willingness to delve deeply into challenging problems and an ability to propose, develop, and implement innovative yet practical solutions. The job will require design and development of PICs with a variety of functionalities and with a variety of applications.
- 2+ years of experience in photonic integrated circuits (PICs)
- Strong Familiarity with
- Design tools for PICs
- Relevant optical material systems
- Optical system simulation tools
- Optical design fundamentals
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team of peers
Other valuable skills:
- Microwave-photonics research experience
- Experience with heterogenous material integration for photonic integration
- Experience in active device design (photodetectors, modulators, and lasers).
- Hands-on experience with test and measurement instrumentation
- Noise and signal analysis experience
Position is based in Santa Clara, CA
Full Time (F)
Duration (Temp Positions Only):Not Applicable
Careers Privacy Statement
***Keysight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.***
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Candidates can be considered to work from the following locations:
Americas : United States : California : Santa Clara
Job ID : 35131