Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
PRIME AE Group (www.primeeng.com), a well-established and emerging multi-discipline A/E firm with a combined (15) office locations within the New England, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest and Florida Regions, is seeking an Architectural Associate for our flagship office in Baltimore, MD (UMBC Tech Campus Catonsville).
This position focuses on projects in the fields of:
- Dept of Defense / military (strongly preferred)
- Municipal projects (civic centers, libraries, govt buildings),
- Education (K-12 and/or higher education)
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Plans, programs, and designs construction documents of projects for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources.
- May assist in preparing client project presentations, studies, and reports.
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans specifically AutoCAD, Sketchup, and/or Revit.
- Prepares drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project.
Training and Experience
- Minimum of (2) years experience required the project types listed above
- BArch / BS in Architecture or MA (Master of Architecture) required
- Seeking to proactively gain experience in all phases of project design, construction documentation and construction materials,
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal, listening and written including client presentation skills,
- Proficient in Revit (a strong plus)
- Ability to proactively learn building codes, standards, building structures, and engineering systems,
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that PRIME AE Group, Inc. (PRIME AE) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, PRIME AE Group will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, PRIME AE Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers and/or other PRIME AE Group personnel, are deemed to be the property of PRIME AE Group.