Posted in Accounting 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing business performance analysis, reporting, and
forecasting. Provides a variety of financial data; maintains and updates
financial models and plans. Provides financial analysis and projections
to all levels within the organization in support of functional business
objectives. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own
discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for
colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Provides budget, forecast, and variance analysis and related reports
- Conducts financial research, analyzes financial performance against
objectives, and determines emerging financial trends.
- Provides rationale behind reports and analysis and relays them in
- Creates and maintains statistical/financial databases and reports.
Runs appropriate weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Interacts as team member and sets the pace for the Financial Analysts
team. Interfaces with other department member on special projects or on
an as-needed basis.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in Finance or Accounting
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Essbase/Smart View and forecasting/budgeting preferred
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer