Posted in Other 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
SHIFT: MONDAY - FRIDAY 8AM - 5PM
Under general supervision, performs advanced level professional work in exposing and processing radiographic images and fluoroscopy examinations. Circulates to other diagnostic radiology areas as assigned by the supervisor (For example, surgery, trauma, and pediatrics) and is recognized as an expert in his/her field, or participates in a training program to enhance knowledge and skills in other specialized radiology areas or modalities.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
* Operates standard and portable radiology equipment to perform radiographic examinations and fluoroscopy studies, including intravenous pyelography, cystography, gastro-intestional series and body section radiography
* Assists physicians and performs specialized imaging procedure
* Trouble shoots and resolves problems regarding equipment and/or film output
* Acts as a resource and preceptor for other Radiographers and/or students
* May participate in training programs to enhance radiology skills and become proficient in producing images of a patient s body in Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, or Special Procedures
* Maintains records, inventory, and equipment for area of primary responsibility
* Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited Radiology Technology program.
EXPERIENCE: One year as a radiographer and skilled in multiple specialty areas within OUMC.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Licensed by the American Registry of Radiological Technology (ARRT). BLS required upon hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of the techniques of diagnostic radiography. Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of radiographic equipment. Ability to prioritize assignments. Ability to assess, treat, and care for patients of varying ages. Good interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate technical information in such a way that patients and/or parents can understand the procedure and what is expected of them. Computer skills.
OU Medicine has a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, but our offerings go beyond traditional packages. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs and goals both inside and outside of the work environment, brings additional rewards that create peace of mind for you and your family.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.