Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Under general supervision performs transcription and other secretarial duties in the Pathology Laboratory office.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
* Performs multiple office functions including answering phones, providing test results to physicians by phone or fax, coordinating cases for specialty conferences, transcribing dictated Pathology reports and sending slides to other laboratories for review
* Assists in scheduling departmental functions and daily activities
* Runs management reports to track outstanding specimens
* Accessions specimens and corrects errors in billing and/or transcribed reports
* Files test requests, final reports, slides and department records
* Resource to client services in regard to our physician clients.
* Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of secretarial experience including one (1) year in medical terminology/transcription. Must achieve a score of 40 words per minute on the typing test.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: None.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Computer skills, typing, and good communication skills. Must be able to work with others as a team. Experience in medical transcription and/or medical terminology.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.