Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The primary responsibilities of the Medical Office Coordinator is to direct, plan and coordinate the operations of the clinical and front office functions of a practice while ensuring patient satisfaction and quality.
* Assists front office and clerical staff in developing and implementing short and long-term work plans and objectives.
* Oversees the process to prepare patients for examination and treatment.
* Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary to ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
* Assists with scheduling of tests and treatment.
* Identifies, analyzes, and resolves work problems.
* May assist in the hiring and development of the clerical and clinical staff.
* Ensures office and clinical supply inventory is current, mail is opened and processed, offices are opened and closed according to established procedures.
* May assist with patient charge entry into the billing system.
* Assists front office staff with ensuring point-of-service collections are made when applicable.
* Ensures that patients are treated courteously by the office staff and that other visitors are screened and properly directed.
* Replenishes office supplies when necessary.
* Works with other staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and high quality patient care is provided.
* Performs select administrative duties.
* Assists in maintaining patient files, records and other information.
* Compiles and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records.
* Ensures any patient complaints are handled appropriately.
* Participates in professional development activities.
* May conduct staff meetings
* Perform other duties as required and assigned.
EDUCATION: Graduate from a recognized training facility for medical assistants and course-work in health care office management are preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of medical office or equivalent experience is required.
CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS: BLS (American Heart Association) required upon hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
* Knowledge of clinic office procedures.
* Ability to use computer systems and applications.
* Familiarity with medical practices terminology.
* Ability to use proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure to answer correspondence and reports.
* Ability to plan, organize and oversee workflow.
* Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures.
* Ability to operate office equipment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with patients, clinical and administrative staff, and the public.
* Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and policies and procedures.
* Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.