Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:
You are a curious, motivated, and passionate Sr, Systems Hardware Engineer who is looking to be part of our Hardware Engineering team focusing on performing complex technical tasks related to product design, fabrication, and testing of network appliances. 3 to 7 years experience in hardware development and test validation preferred.
You will contribute as a key member to a team of hardware development, software, quality and manufacturing engineers. Additionally, you will review and provide feedback of the hardware engineering requirements document to support product requirements. will You will also execute product test plans, generate and publish test results. Lead in failure analysis, debug and design resolution activities for all engineering prototypes
Provides design and engineering support to, develop and validate hardware platforms for application networking while supporting current. Uses detailed knowledge of, multi-core processor, and semi-custom x86 based systems to develop and support the next generation hardware for a growing solution set of Application Delivery Controllers and SD-WAN, SDN technology.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Technical lead on thermal, mechanical and electrical development of new hardware appliances.
- Work with regulatory bodies to ensure safety, environmental and design standards are met
- Supports selection of new components, test plans for qualification, and execution. Partners with Supply Chain on commodity roadmaps, EOL, second sourcing and cost initiatives. Ensures all commodities meet functional test specification and quality standards.
- Lead activist with design for reliability (DFR) and an active participate in DFMEA sessions and cross functional design reviews
- Active participant with Product Life Cycle management, BOM development and Change Management practices and procedures for Hardware Operations.
- Actively involved in project management to ensure new products released to market on time and fundamentally more reliability than previous products.
- High-level understanding of electronics and electronic components in x86 based networking systems.
- Must have detailed knowledge of the specification and operation of CPUs, motherboards, DIMMs, NICs, SSL acceleration, SSD storage, Power supplies, WIFI and LTE module integration.
- Strong analog/digital knowledge and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve component and system level problems.
- Able to execute Root Cause Analysis using 8D methodology.
- Able to read schematics and perform a wide range of bring-up, diagnostic testing, and measurement tasks.
- Solid experience working in Linux/FreeBSD and writing test scripts are a plus.
- Solid knowledge of a focused group of testing processes, methodologies and understanding of all phases of the hardware and software development life cycle required
- Knowledge in the area of effective ORT and the most effective tools to use in a given situation. Must be familiar with HALT/HASS/HASA.
- Must understand the fundamentals of product reliability and how to reduce infant mortality in the field and drive long term reliability improvements
- Must have very good electro/mechanical hardware assembly skills, capable of assembling and wiring prototype chassis including cables along with hand soldering of printed circuit boards and components with surface mount technology
- Able to simultaneously manage tasks across multiple projects, and respond to changing priorities.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred.
In other words, if you have an In-depth knowledge of Hardware Engineering and we just described you, then we d love to talk!
What you re looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do including how we work. If you re driven, passionate and curious, we invite you to make a difference with a brand you can believe in. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If we just described you, then we really need to talk.
Functional Area:Hardware Engineering
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.