Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
* Req ID: 76066
* Department: Engineering
* Job Type: Full-Time
* Position Type: Non-Union
* Location: Albany, New York
* Country: United States
* % of Travel: 60-70%
* # of Positions: 1
* Job Available to: Internal & External
* Deadline to apply: 11/01/2019
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Supervisor S&C Testing and Commissioning is tasked with helping the test effort's success to ensure any new or altered Signals & Communication (S&C) systems have been rigorously tested per CP standards and FRA regulations, and testing results are satisfactory before the S&C system is placed into service.
* Perform construction inspections to ensure the Construction meets CP S&C standards;
* Execute test process, and any testing required for all wayside signal equipment;
* Ensure all test plans are completed and provide continuous improvement feedback to Signal Design Office;
* Ensure all defects are raised to Signal Design Office, Construction team, and T&C team;
* Ensure the timely delivery of different testing milestones, including field inspection and test, cutover and commissioning test;
* Arrange any hardware and software requirement for the test setup;
* Escalate the issues to Signal Design Office for resolution;
* Support and perform S&C maintenance testing, and document all testing results;
* Ensure content and structure of all documents are maintained;
* Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes and Red Book requirements for testing as per CP standards;
* Keep track of the new requirements/changes initiated by the project and/or Signal Design Office;
* Ensure all the testing results are recorded and documented;
* Ensure any changes on Design or Test Plans are captured and approved, and the latest revision is always used;
* Ensure the RailDOCS are updated;
* Ensure all final completed documentations have been delivered to Signal Design Office, S&C maintenance, and others where required.
* Should possess a minimum of 3 years of S&C construction or maintenance experience;
* Knowledge of design, construction, maintenance, testing and commissioning for all S&C system is an asset;
* Excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills;
* Excellent written and oral communication skills;
* Experience in a wide variety of testing efforts, techniques and tools;
* Proven ability to build strong relationships with other stakeholders and other coworkers;
* Must have valid driver s license.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
* Flexible and competitive benefits package
* Competitive company pension plan
* Employee Share Purchase Plan
* Performance Incentive Program
* Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a Safety sensitive; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
* Criminal history check
* Last 3 years of driving history
* Last 7 years of employment history; includes military service
* Social Security number verification
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.