Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Under general supervision, performs the full range of first- and second-tier problem analysis and resolution of Service Center problem calls and work station support duties; assists and trains end-users; installs, configures, tests and maintains user computer hardware, software, wireless devices and telephone equipment; and performs related duties as assigned. Performs routine to moderately difficult work station and Service Center support functions. Diagnose and resolve first- and second-tier problem calls and research, install, troubleshoot, configure and test computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment in a central, department or public setting. Expected to demonstrate a strong customer service orientation and service skills.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
1. Receives and responds to inquiries and requests for technical assistance from end-users on computer software and hardware, printers, telephone equipment and accessories, other peripheral equipment such as multimedia and barcode scanners, local area networks, various server platform connections, wireless connections and support and secure dial-in access.
2. Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves first- and second-tier hardware, software and network connectivity problems on-site or by telephone; opens, logs and documents action taken on problem calls in the Service Center software;
3. Installs, configures and upgrades hardware and standard software in accordance with established end-user profiles; establishes and configures network connectivity for hardware and devices, including terminal session identifications, network printers, wireless phones and tablets.
4. Diagnoses hardware, software and network malfunctions; researches potential solutions; replaces components and performs other maintenance and repair; installs and configures replacement equipment and cables; makes necessary patches; evaluates computer hardware and makes recommendations regarding repair or replacement; requests, coordinates and schedules repair of hardware with outside vendors and document repairs.
5. Active Directory Management, including group memberships for users and objects; manage, move or delete objects; manage Exchange Administration including creating, modifying, and deleting email accounts.
1. PC hardware, software, operating systems and characteristics.
2. Basic principles and practices of computer platform and network operating systems, including methods and procedures for establishing network connectivity.
3. Methods and techniques for the installation and configuration of hardware, software and network connectivity.
4. Methods and techniques for customer service and troubleshooting to determine causes of computer hardware and software problems and device errors and failures.
5. Standard business software, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics and database programs.
6. City ordinances, codes, procedures and practices regarding computer hardware and software.
7. Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
8. Safety policies and safe work practices applicable to the work.
1. Obtain accurate and complete information from end-users to identify their needs and problems and develop responses and solutions.
2. Understand, interpret, explain and apply detailed, specialized information, including codes, rules, policies, procedures, forms, specialized municipal terms and technical documentation in carrying out job assignments accurately and efficiently.
3. Install and configure PCs, peripheral equipment, wireless devices and other technology tools.
4. Operate computer and peripheral equipment.
5. Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve computer and PC hardware, software and network connectivity problems and make modifications and repairs.
6. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
7. Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited two-year college or technical school with coursework in computer technology and at least three years of progressively responsible experience in end-user support; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Must possess a valid California Class C driver's license and comply with the City's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy during the course of employment.
A+ Certification issued by the Computing Technology Industry Association or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist or the equivalent is strongly preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; perform repetitive movements of hands or wrists; and stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds unaided.
NTT DATA Services is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 130,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA recently acquired Dell Services. NTT DATA Services emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process, IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We are a part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdataservices.com to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result..