Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Supports the Retail Store Manager with overseeing daily operations of a Southern States Cooperative, Inc. (SSC) local farm supply, member co-op, petroleum or retail facility. Plans and directs sales, merchandising, inventory management, production, facility maintenance, and/or business office functions. Relies on retail operations experience and knowledge of industry best-practices to accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions may vary due to differences in merchandise mix, customer base, and business volume across SSC locations.
- Coordinate with the Retail Store Manager to execute a strategic retail operations plan that aligns customer service, sales and volume building, merchandising, inventory management, budgeting and expense control with SSC business and financial goals. Utilize standard operating procedures (SOP) designed to maximize efficiencies while complying with SSC policy and government regulations.
- Manage daily operations for multiple departments within the facility. Support front-end/point-of-sale and handle escalated customer inquiries. Manage showroom merchandising. Ensure optimum inventory levels for merchandise and supplies. Oversee warehouse operations including receiving, inventory integrity, and customer deliveries. Lead daily housekeeping duties to ensure a safe, clean and welcoming environment.
- Develop a highly effective team. Coach facility team members to drive sales by providing excellent customer service. Implement strategies for achieving sales and/or production goals. Track metrics and regularly update progress. Remove obstacles to efficient performance. Create staff schedules and distribute work assignments to maximize customer service and fulfill business goals. Lead daily team meetings to communicate essential information, modify plans, recognize achievements, and foster a positive and supportive environment.
- Engage regularly with customers to make sales and take orders for services, both in-store and by visiting customer farming and production sites. Promote the SSC brand and business philosophy in a positive and customer-focused manner throughout the local community and sales region. Maintain open lines of communication with local civic leaders, patrons, and board.
- Coordinate with Retail Store Manager and division leadership to execute a staffing plan designed to meet seasonal volume adjustments and budget requirements. Oversee the hiring process for various facility positions. In collaboration with Retail Store Manager, conduct performance reviews and administer corrective action.
- Depending upon product mix, research and assess regional merchandising techniques, pricing trends and/or fluctuation in commodities markets. Gather data through observations of competitors and/or market performance. Collaborate with corporate and regional counterparts to ensure proper pricing to optimize inventory supply and profits.
- Administer vehicle and equipment maintenance programs, dispatch routes, degree-day systems for fuels, and use of loaned equipment. Order tools and parts for equipment repair. Perform physical inspection, including climbing, crawling, and maneuvering on and around equipment.
- May oversee various business office functions, including: accounting, payroll, returns processing, customer/vendor relations, AR/AP, credits, or other transactions. Monitor expenditures and control costs to meet financial objectives. Ensure compliance with SSC policies and government regulations.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, developments, regulations, and updates to SSC products and services. Utilize a variety of resources, including: professional organizations, seminars, conferences, training courses, self-study, and on-line tools.
- Safeguard facility assets. Maintain an inventory control program to ensure inventory integrity and minimize shrink of merchandise. Monitor a facility security program to protect inventory, equipment, facility and staff in accordance with SSC policy.
- Maintain a clean, safe facility to meet OSHA and EPA regulations, Southern States Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards, and all applicable policies and work rules. Lead safety initiatives and monitor employees for safe performance. Perform work safely as to not cause harm to yourself, customers, co-workers, equipment, or inventory. Utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required. Maintain current Emergency Response Planning records.
- Assume additional functions of the Retail Store Manager during his/her absence.
- Perform all other job functions as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled