Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Panama City, Florida
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
GULF COAST REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER is a 216-bed acute care hospital proudly serving Bay County and surrounding communities for 40 years. The hospital was recently named a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures(R) - heart failure, heart attack, pneumonia, surgical care, and perinatal care - for the fourth consecutive year and has achieved certifications for its stroke and wound care. Located in Panama City, Florida, its team of more than 450 providers and 1,000 employees work to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care every day. With the area's only designated Pediatric ER, four-bed Pediatric ICU and 28-bed NICU, the hospital is ready to care for our youngest residents. The hospital has the only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI as recognized by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Additionally, the hospital's cancer program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). These designations enhance the hospital's quality of care and demonstrate its commitment to higher, measurable standards of care.
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the PCT's skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCT complies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
* Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
* Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
* Documents observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to the RN/Team Leader.
* Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges. Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
* Provides or assists with non-medicated support care, including non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of heat or ice, and venous compression devices.
* Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and timely transfer of specimen.
* Retrieves medication from pharmacy, storage room, or tube system and delivers to licensed staff member as instructed.
* Assists with patient preparation for surgery or other procedure.
* Orients patients/families/caregivers to room and hospital routine.
* Assists patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
* Performs hourly rounding and responds promptly to call lights and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
* Follows patient and employee safety/security policies and protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions,use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation procedures.
* Prepares and maintains clean, hazard-free patient rooms. Empties trash and removes soiled linens.
* Assists with post-mortem care.
* Assists in the setup, removal, and cleaning of equipment. Identifies malfunctioning equipment and initiates repairs.
* Performs clerical work as needed, including assembling and maintain charts, filing, answering and transferring phones, and relaying messages.
* Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
* Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including active listening. Ensures patients, physicians, and colleagues have a clear understanding of all communications.
* Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
* Participates as an active member of the health care team and positively promotes the rest of the team to patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
* Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates behaviors consistent with established policies/procedures.
* Seeks opportunities to impact the growth of the organization by promoting excellence in patient experience and providing high quality care to the patients served.
* Monitors unit and individual patient rooms to assess availability of supplies. Restocks to optimum levels as instructed.
* Utilizes charge system for supplies and equipment.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Practices and adheres to the \\"Code of Conduct\\" and Mission and Value Statement.\\"
YOUR BENEFITS INCLUDE:
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
Employee discount program
Employee stock purchase program
Student loan repayment
* Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification preferred
* BLS required at hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* Experience commensurate with unit standards
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders.
* Knowledge of body substance isolation.
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners' needs.
* Basic computer skills
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.