Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Req Id 22401 - Posted 08/22/2019 - Production / Operations - Torrance. California. US
This job exists to provide overall plant operation support to the Torrance Latex Plant. Technician will carry out various tasks in the preparation and storage of products using reactors, pumps, vessels, tanks and other manufacturing equipment. Batch processing includes charging material, processing batches, monitoring and record keeping data. Some of the responsibilities are loading, unloading and cleaning equipment, packaging product, maintaining a safe and orderly work area, assisting other production areas as needed and overall plant Housekeeping. Monitoring and system operation of plant utilities.
Key job responsibilities:
* Yard responsibilities include, but are not limited to, sampling, weighing and inspecting loads, loading and shipping trucks, railcars, and iso-containers within scheduled time, filling and packaging drums & totes, and general plant housekeeping.
* Floor responsibilities include, but are not limited to, latex filtering and transferring, QC analysis, maintaining production board, equipment sterilization, completing checklist and inspections, operating basket cleaner, and general plant housekeeping.
* Reactor responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining and weighing required raw materials, starting up and transferring batches to minimize reactor downtime, using PCS7 and batch control center, and general plant housekeeping.
* Utility responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing checks, inspections and blow downs, responding to utility alarms, and general plant housekeeping.
* Follows Operating Discipline principles, procedures, and practices to ensure safe and efficient operation
* Operates and field checks process equipment. Monitors process conditions, equipment, and control systems
* Performs tasks assigned to operations using the Operational Excellence Task List (e.g. field checks, equipment preparation, samples, etc.)
* Ensures operational activities and process performance are aligned with plant and business goals
* - Uses troubleshooting skills to resolve process-related deviations and problems; initiates work requests in SAP as needed.
* Uses process knowledge and skills to make improvements in plant performance and Operating Discipline.
* Performs process equipment troubleshooting, improvements, and preventative maintenance utilizing appropriate processes and disciplines.
* Actively participates on empowered teams.
* Expected to use or develop computer skills and participate in procedure writing/verification and other AIMS activities.
* Utilize \\"troubleshooting skills\\" to identify issues and report them to maintenance for repair (e.g., small leaks, replace valves, steam traps, etc.)
* Participate in the Immediate Response Training and participate in the IR team as required
* Support and champion BU safety initiatives and programs.
* Participate on EH&S improvement teams and complete related action items.
* Identify potential safety issues, communicate hazards and complete follow up actions to mitigate.
* Improve Asset Utilization. Improve plant Startup and Shutdown Operating Discipline to reduce production loss events.
* Complete Operator Minor Maintenance activities to reduce maintenance costs and reduce production loss events.
* Contribute to the Business and Site AIM Initiative
* Improve Unit Operating Efficiencies and reduce energy consumption by monitoring equipment and recognizing abnormal situations.
* Ensure waste material / hazardous waste is disposed of properly and receive annual RCRA training.
* HSEQ responsibilities: Employee is expected to maintain a healthful and safe working environment and is further expected to:
* Meet all legal, regulatory and other *requirements of the site through general awareness and training.
* Participate in HSEQ *activities provided by the site management. Arkema Coating Resins and Arkema, Inc.
* Identify and communicate the potential gains and possible improvements related to the work environment and management system through employee suggestion programs, during group meetings, or through *other identified communication tools.
* Report all health, safety, environmental and quality (HSEQ) near-miss, accident or injury incidents to their supervisor and the HES Coordinator or site manager through *means identified during orientation or *refresher training.
* Remain in compliance with the *rules, *standard procedures and *work instructions related to the specific job title and site location.
* Complete *assigned training through Arkema learning management system or attendance to assigned Web-Ex or Instructor Led Training (ILT) classes.
* All other duties as assigned.
*Employee will be provided tools and references during orientation or during initial and refresher training to ensure his/her access to and knowledge of these expectations.
Note: The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and there may be other tasks operators will be responsible to complete.
COntext and environment
- This job will require working a 12 hour rotating shift.
- The successful candidate will begin on shift training in an assigned area of the plant. The candidate will train with other Process Technicians and learn assigned plant areas in accordance with norms established by the empowered team. Once employee is certified in the different areas, the employee must maintain up to date certification.
- This job requires working scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
The primary purpose of this job is the safe and reliable operation of a production facility that is staffed 24 hours/day working 12 hour rotating shifts. The team members have to be focused, flexible, and empowered to assure that the plant is operated at optimum conditions.
Key Competencies which are critical to this job include:
1. Responsible Care - in the delayered organization, it is important that everyone understand and accept their responsibility to work safely, protect the environment, and fully participate in the plant's EH&S program.
2. Initiative - people who are self starters, who seek out work and improve the plant will do well in this role
3. Work Process Discipline - plant safety and operating procedures are well documented. A successful technician will be able to access and utilize this information.
4. Productivity Focus - we are constantly challenged to improve the productivity of the plant. Being close to the process, success in this role is key for the team to achieve its goals.
5. Teamwork - each shift typically has 5 people. To be successful in this role the person will need to share the workload, effectively communicate with many people (including day support and maintenance), and participate in achieving the team's goals.
QUalifications / experience required
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Previous chemical or manufacturing experience and computer skills are preferred.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of