Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican Products is not only the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases for protecting valuable equipment---it's a great place to work. We're looking for team members who take pride in creating and manufacturing products that are preferred by professionals (including fire fighters, law enforcement and military personnel) who work in extreme environments across the globe.
With competitive compensation and benefits, our team enjoys a fast-paced, creative and exciting environment that allows them to flourish and be the best at their jobs. Employees are our greatest resource and as such, their talents are valued and their contributions are recognized. Pelican Products is a unique company that combines the stability and professionalism of a mature firm with the agility and spirit of a small, fast-growth company.
We currently have an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic
Perform a wide variety of general maintenance duties to repair and maintain equipment and facilities using multiple skills generally applicable to manufacturing maintenance and building trades
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs electrical, piping, carpentry, painting, hydraulic/pneumatic, sheet metal work, and other maintenance trade tasks to maintain or improve production operations.
* Repairs, and installs production equipment.
* Disassembles and determines extent of repairs necessary on a variety of production machinery. Informs supervisor of critical situations.
* Performs routine machining operations as necessary. May assist in making repair parts.
* Conducts preventative maintenance on plant equipment. Inspects, oils, greases, adjusts and refers problems to supervision.
* Installs water and air lines. Assists with major building repairs or installations.
* Follows prescribed safety precautions established by company and department policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
* Detects and reports improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and questionable conditions to proper supervision.
* Maintains work area(s) and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
* Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
* Associates degree or pertinent certificates from a technical training school, preferred
* Ability to troubleshoot & remedy problems with manufacturing equipment.
* Must have 1-2 years' experience in a related field, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with mig welding and machining.
* Basic knowledge in troubleshooting and programming automation technology.
* Basic knowledge of measurement techniques and principles.
* Basic skills to utilize many hand and power tools.
* Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Intermediate computer skills Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Actively supports and complies with Pelican's objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
* Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
* Must be flexible regarding working hours and overtime. Must be able to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
* Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently required to execute standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. stand, walk, sit, use hands/fingers). While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently required to execute non-standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch). Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This position requires repetitive hand/wrist activities.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.