Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
JOB ID: 3726-RCAT-2
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
Perform Database Administrator functions to include code, test, and implementation and maintain database architectures
Analyze and resolve database system production problems and execute database utility requirements.
Monitor databases using standard database toolsets as well as standard monitoring and reporting tools
Perform database analysis and database tuning as required.
Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
Oversee and perform research, planning, design, cost- benefit trade off analysis, specification development, and all aspects of systems analysis of Database systems
Maintain database performance; implement and support new releases; conduct regular maintenance requirements; evaluate computer operating systems and hardware products for optimum database performance
Support database functions by designing and coding utilities.
Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
* A Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related scientific or technical discipline.
* Minimum of eight (8) years experience in systems engineering design, analysis, integration, and life cycle engineering support of large information systems project
* Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in Database Administration
* Strong knowledge of SQL Server suite
* Expert in performance tuning and systems integration
* Experience working in a production environment with multiple database environment
* Experience with database performance and support to high-availability application
* Experience in the areas of backups/restore, database design methodologies
* Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
NICE TO HAVE:
* Experience working on Federal contracts
* Experience with Attunity
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with an MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.