Posted in Other 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Albany, New York
POSITION: IT Specialist-10247
JOB ID: 3724
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
ENGAGEMENT LENGTH IN MONTHS:
WHAT ARE THE DAILY WORK HOURS*
8:30 am 5:00 pm
WHERE IS THE PHYSICAL WORK OFFICE LOCATED*
WA Harriman State Campus, Building 8A, Albany, NY 12227
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
Complex multi-tenancy capable and web-based (thin client) Real Property Tax System (RPSv5) as well as legislatively mandated STAR relief.
1. Review of Department system and processes for the purposes of development of process flows, requirements and specifications.
2. Develop project and system documentation.
3. Develop criteria for evaluation of strategies.
4. Prepare written and oral communication on project milestones and deliverables.
5. Assist with test planning for integrated system.
1. 84 Months experience integrating business rules with business applications which includes testing, automation hub and debugging, preparing technical documentation which includes functional, detail system design documents.
2. 24 months experience with Real Property Tax (e.g. Complex valuation analysis, assessments and exemptions).
3. 24 months of experience in Designing and developing customizable self-service system integrating with SPSS TOOL (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences).
4. 24 months experience with large Government Taxation organization, which includes hands on technical design, development, maintenance and end user support of Complex Tax Accounting Systems and Financial Systems.
5. 84 months experience with SQL Server databases like DB2 and Sybase using INFOMAKER PPB105 and SQL ANYWHERE 12 tools. Perform schema validation, migration, business rule conformance and performance.
6. 48 Months experience using automated testing tools such as QUICK TEST PROFESSIONAL (QTP) or UNIFIED FUNCTIONAL TESTING (UFT) with the focus of DESCRIPTIVE PROGRAMMING.
7. 42 Months of experience using XML, XSD, using tool ALTOVA SPY 2015 with the focus of validating business objects/elements and sequencing of segments.
8. 60 months experience with testing and implementation phase of the Development Life Cycle by using tools such as HP ALM QUALITY CENTER AND CLEAR QUEST.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.