Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
The mission of Information and Technology (IT) is to create and support an information technology environment that enhances the ability of the UC Davis community to teach, do research and provide public service. In support of the University's mission, IT will deliver an infrastructure of technological services appropriate to the requirements of the campus community.
Final Filing Date : 10/31/2019
Salary Range : $6608.33 to $14808.33
Salary Frequency : Monthly
No. of Positions : 1
Appointment Type : Career
Percentage of Time : 100%
Shift Hour : 08 Hours
Location : Alhambra Cannery
City : Sacramento
Union Representation : No
Benefits Eligible : Yes
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
This is not an H-1B Opportunity.
Under the supervision of the Resolute Manager, this experienced IT Applications Project Manager professional and technical leader performs a variety of duties relating to the Revenue Cycle Information Systems applications and the support for EMR Clinical Orders and Clinically-driven charging. As a technical leader in clinical applications, ap plies advanced professional concepts and extensive industry knowledge to lead and / or work on medium to large projects of broad scope and complexity. Responsibilities include: Leading and assisting with process development, strategic planning, analysis, testing, implementation, and support of information systems for the organization; Project management, planning, development, testing, implementation, and evaluation of application functionality. Works with the team and key customers to ensure appropriate development, testing, training, and implementation of application functionality.
The Resolute Billing Project Manager will assist the clinical departments and information technology partners (IT leadership, clinical chairs and department staff) to support the department s Revenue Cycle Information Systems applications. The Project Manager will prioritize all incoming project work in alignment to the greatest financial impact to the organization. The Project Manager will partner with project teams and departments to prepare cash flow worksheets, requirements and project plans and will assist in the management of projects from design to deployment.
* Associate or bachelor degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Broadly encompassing or highly in-depth knowledge of 1-2 areas of focus in clinical applications specialty area(s) related to revenue cycle.
* Experience implementing and supporting electronic medical record systems.
* Knowledge of operations, systems and functions, including planning, design, development, implementation, user support and training, maintenance, quality assurance, and system testing and evaluation supporting healthcare revenue cycle.
* Knowledge of quality tools and experience in business or clinical process improvement initiatives.
* Participation in an implementation of an activity or strategy in a department, hospital or system environment.
* Skills or experience demonstrating advanced application of adult learning principles and system design standards.
* Advanced ability to serve as a technical leader and information resource, and to work collaboratively with key personnel and management, providing guidance and recommendations on systems, improvements, upgrades, and industry advances and trends.
* Proficient in office automation software (word processing, spreadsheets, visual presentation, etc.)
* Academic institution or large integrated health system experience.
* Experience working with clinical information systems or system implementation teams for complex projects and/or application development.
* Advanced organizational and project management skills, and ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
* Managed Hospital Billing and/or Orders implementations from the discovery phase to go-live with Health Organizations utilizing Epics Clinical Charging Methods.
* Familiar with most of the Clinical Orders Charging methods and working directly with the Clinical Analyst in managing the Charging workflows.
* Assisted Organizations with their implementations by preparing and testing integrated charging workflows to ensure revenue neutrality at go-live.
* PMP Certification (Active certification
* Experience working with interfaced/integrated multi-vendor applications.
* Knowledge and understanding of University policies and procedures.
* Travel in the Northern California region may be required. Reliable transportation necessary for off-site visits. Mileage and travel expenses will be reimbursed per UC Policy. Occasional out of state travel may be required to attend training.
* Must be able to work extended and/or flexible hours as needed to meet committed project dates.
* Required to pass Epic certification exam in two attempts within three months of last attended class or training session.
THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.