Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you currently working with a healthcare provider with a culture and work life balance you are looking for? Would you be interested being a part of an organization recognized as WORLD'S MOST ADMIRED COMPANY by FORTUNE MAGAZINE that would allow you to focus on your chosen specialty areas with the geographic flexibility of 250+ locations across the U.S. and England? HCA provides that along with annually dedicating 30,000+ volunteer hours and millions of dollars to the communities we serve. HCA at a glance
Coliseum Health System is proud to serve the Macon and middle Georgia communities with two excellent medical/surgical facilities, Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital.
Coliseum Health System is a two-hospital system located in Macon. You know us better as Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital. Over the last 40 years, it has been our privilege to care for many of you, your family and friends.
We have two full-service medical-surgical hospitals. Our staff and physicians are trained in the most advanced health care available in this area from cardiology to birthing services to emergency care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, and psychiatric care. All medical specialties are represented on our medical staffs from family practice to orthopedics to pediatrics to neurosurgery.
A FEW OF THE BENEFITS WE PROVIDE YOU:
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
* 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
* Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
* Hundreds of consumer discounts
* Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
OUR MISSION- ABOVE ALL ELSE, WE'RE COMMITTED TO THE CARE AND IMPROVEMENT OF HUMAN LIFE.
* Verifies patient identity verbally and by checking name and unique identifier on patient's arm band before performing any specimen collection procedure.
* Performing Final Check after labeling specimen to match the last 3 numbers of medical record from tube to armband reading out loud.
* Properly collects, labels, receives, and processes specimens for in-house and reference laboratory testing.
* Answers phone with a pleasant demeanor and assists customers in any way possible.
* Answers pneumatic tube & distributes specimens to proper area.
* Assists with training of new hires and phlebotomy students.
* Assists with clerical duties as needed.
* Ensures continuity of care across shifts.
* Fosters teamwork through participation in department activities and committees.
* Actively seeks to improve knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
* Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
* Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
* Uses Quality Plan to improve patient safety.
* Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
* Other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* High School or GED required
* Successful completion of phlebotomy training program preferred
* None required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* One year of phlebotomy experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Customer Relations
* Read/Comprehend written instructions
* Follows verbal instructions
Basic computer skills