Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
As a member of Verisign's Registry Reporting Engineering team, you will be involved in helping to define and implement Verisign’s reporting system for some of the Internet’s largest domain name bases including .COM and .NET. You will actively participate in creating software solutions that use RDBMS technologies like Oracle and Postgres, along with next generation big data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, and Casandra. You will be hands on, writing exceptional code. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with and support product owners and other engineering teams that integrate with and depend on our services. You will be part of an agile dev-test team responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying software to quickly meet customer needs.
The Benefits and Culture:
• Work on the high-scale systems that provide key Internet services
• Strong Verisign technical community with constant opportunities to learn via tech talks and other internal events
• Training and education opportunities such as Verisign University and tuition reimbursement for work-related degrees
• Clearly defined corporate mission and values
• Vibrant internal organizations such as the Young Professionals and Women in Technology groups
• Numerous benefits for all the stages of life: employee stock purchase plan, parental leave and support programs, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, vacation, comprehensive insurance programs, 401K company match, nursing room, back-up child and adult/elder care support, pet insurance, wellness, commuter and more
• Fully-equipped onsite gym offering free classes; tennis, volleyball, and basketball courts, table tennis
• Casual dress policy
• Heavily subsidized onsite multi-station cafeteria, Starbucks, smoothie and juice bar
• Volunteering and matching opportunities to give back to our community via the Verisign Cares program
Verisign operates the Domain Name System (DNS) root and powers the hugely-significant .COM domain enabling the world’s 4.5 billion Internet users to connect online with reliability and confidence, anytime, anywhere. Our global servers process millions of DNS queries every second. Because these services underpin the online connectivity of the Internet, our products must be absolutely correct and remain available – even during the most extreme Internet spike load events.
Reston, VA is a suburb of Washington, DC with public transportation (metrorail) available into the city. While the city has numerous free, cultural and entertainment opportunities, the Reston Town Center where we are located mixes residential and commercial. This provides an abundance of options for restaurants, shopping movies, and year-round outdoor activities from free concerts, and farmers markets to ice skating. We are adjacent to Washington & Old Dominion Railroad Bike Trail, ten minutes from Dulles International Airport, about 30 minutes from Washington, DC and close to great hiking, biking, and kayaking locations.
• Significant experience in Oracle, Postgres, or another RDBMS
• Experience in Hadoop/Hive
• Experience in languages such as JAVA, C++, Python, Ruby, etc.
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience in developing large reporting systems a plus
• Proficient in test automation – Fitnesse experience a plus
• Proficient in deployment automation – Ansible experience a plus
• 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
• 6 years of related experience with a Master’s degree
• 3 years of related experience and a PhD degree