AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including International, Interpon, Sikkens and Chemcraft - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. In North America, we've been producing innovative, high-performance coatings since 1888. Today, you can find AkzoNobel's products supporting industries ranging from aerospace to consumer electronics, infrastructure, transportation, home décor, furniture and marine vessels. With a regional headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, AkzoNobel's North America operation includes 3,500 employees at more than 30 manufacturing sites, technology labs and business offices. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com
In North America, AkzoNobel provides performance coatings products to customers through four operating business units: Powder Coatings, Automotive & Special Coatings, Industrial Coatings and Marine, Protective & Yacht Coatings.
Respond to customer telephone or written inquiries regarding status of orders, product selection, placement of orders for standard products and/or services, complaints (including returns), shortages and adjustments, expediting, and requests for literature. Analyze individual solutions and take appropriate action to ensure that customer needs are met. Coordinate activities with internal company departments, vendors and common carriers. Provide necessary follow up and initiate correspondence. May process customer orders and issue credits. Access, update and maintain customer computer file or manual record keeping systems for individual accounts. Prepare quotations for standard products or services. Trouble shoots problems with finishing applications.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty safely, satisfactorily, and in a timely manner.
• Must follow all established safety rules and procedures
• Must follow and adhere to company's Code of Conduct
• Formulation of special colors and minor modifications to improve application of curing; preparation of test panels.
• Evaluation of customer's procedures and finished product.
• Test runs & compliant resolution
• Creates/demonstrates the ability to solve problems
• Establishes a positive relationship with customers
• Reviews and discusses activities with sales manager
• Reports problems to customer and offers corrective action
• Monitor finishing lines for adherence to established process controls
• Check incoming materials and/or pre-ships for color and quality
• Assist in training of finish room personnel
• Attend all meetings pertaining to finishing
• Maintain materials and assist in ordering
• Keep daily records of any variations on finish lines out of the ordinary
• Problem solving of recurring problems in finish
• Keep plant personnel informed on finish changes, technical info. And proper handling of materials
• Dispose or work-off expired materials
• Maintain master color panels and quality control on materials
• Look for ways to improve the efficiency of the process
• Typically assigned to the customers manufacturing operation
• Two to four year degree in related field preferred or 2-5 years experience in wood coatings or furniture/building products manufacturing
• Business and/or Functional Skills/ Knowledge:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential qualification satisfactorily.
• Minimum of 2-5 years of wood finishing experience
• Must be knowledgeable in various finish application systems and have good color matching skills
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and safety guidelines
• Ability to write or verbally deliver correspondence professionally and effectively to all levels of management, peer group and customers
• Must have effective interpersonal and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to multi-task and balance priorities
• Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence
• Analytical reasoning and problem solving skills
• Basic computer skills; email, sending reports, etc.
• Coaching/teaching and decision making skills
• Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment in customer's site
• Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
• Experience in the coating, chemical industry / paints
The physical demands described in the essential qualifications are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires working in the customer's facility. The work environment characteristics described in the essential qualifications are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.