Posted in Manufacturing 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Avery Island, Louisiana
The Maintenance Scheduler is responsible to construct the work schedule for the coming week and coordinates equipment availability with Operations. They will interact with site personnel to plan and prioritize short and long term schedules and help improve site reliability.
40 % The Maintenance Scheduler is responsible of determine when the maintenance activities that will be performed at various sites. This includes preventive, predictive, and reactive maintenance assignments by develop multi-week, multi-discipline day to day maintenance schedule which includes maintenance crafts as well as contract work crews. The role will ensure that all craft disciplines are 100% resource loaded for worked hours available to schedule for varies sites.
o Work within the SAP and Sockeye to set to develop and manage a body of planned and available work.
o Coordinate weekly, with supervisors, general foreman, maintenance planners and superintendents to establish work schedule in advance.
o Assign 100% of a Craftsperson time to make sure the correct person is performing the right work at the appropriate time.
o Overall responsibility for establishing the weekly maintenance schedule.
o Create and distribute preliminary department schedules (Assignment status =” assigned”).
o Review/identify longer lead-time activities to be scheduled.
o Adjust and finalize weekly schedules for plants.
o Distribute final weekly schedules to all the plants.
o KPI Reporting for maintenance scheduling activities
• 20% Daily interaction with maintenance, operations and technical teams to ensure priority work is defined and scheduled which will include but not limited to compliance activities, high priority corrective maintenance, small projects and long-term corrective maintenance.
• 20% Working with operations, align work to minimize equipment downtime by grouping maintained activities together when scheduling maintenances craft. This position is expected to train others as needed
• 10% Review and coordinate, along with Operations, the ongoing reliability efforts (projecting several weeks out.)
• 10% Times where there are small plant outages or shutdowns, develop one integrated schedule that covers day to day maintenance activities during these times.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• High school diploma of GED
• At least 3 years of experience in industrial, mine or military maintenance
• Good knowledge of Maintenance process and activities including PM and PdM systems and methods
• Knowledge of Maintenance Management System
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work overtime/holidays and weekends of needed by the business
• Ability to work underground
• Ability to lift up to 30-40 pounds
• 2 or 4 year technical degree
• Experience in the mining industry
• Maintenance experience with Diesel power, hydraulics, mechanical power transmission and electrical systems
• Advanced understanding of Maintenance processes and activities related to proactive asset care
• Experienced in data report presentations - constructing and using computer based charts and graphs
• Knowledge of Maintenance Management System (SAP – Maximo )
• Sockeye knowledge