Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Customer Service Representative (Monterey, CA)
Mechanics Bank is looking for a Customer Service Representative for the Monterey, CA Branch.
In this role, you will provide basic to more complex banking transactions. You must be willing and actively assists customers accurately and according to established policies and procedures, including cross-sell and referral of Bank products. Obtains assistance for complex, infrequently encountered transactions.
What you will do:
* Accepts, verifies, and processes basic to more complex client transactions according to established procedures and security guidelines. Transactions include deposits, withdrawals, payments, transfers, etc.
* Processes transactions submitted through other channels, including night-drop, bank-by-mail, ATM, etc.
* Assists customers with check orders; balancing their accounts; safe deposit openings, closing, and transactional use.
* Represents the Bank and its products and services with pride and enthusiasm. Senses and responds to customer needs. Identifies and pursues new or related customer opportunities.
* Contributes to a cooperative and positive working atmosphere. Is flexible, responsive, and assists co-workers in the attainment of the Bank s objectives with a focus on the needs of the customer.
* Provides administrative assistance to the office.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
* Basic knowledge of Bank s products.
* Excellent ability to handle cash, including accurate counting. Ability to balance accounts, including accurate record-keeping.
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service.
* Ability to handle and defuse situations involving frustrated customers through problem resolution and determine resources to resolve issues/concerns.
* Ability to work as a team member to ensure good coverage and customer service.
* Entry level position
* Customer Service, cash handling, retail and/or restaurant experience preferred but not required.
* Minimum High School Degree
* Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other bases prohibited by applicable law.