Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Trenton, New Jersey
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
VaaS, a video analysis as a service company, is a leading global provider of data and image analytics for vehicle location. The company s image capture and analysis platform, which includes fixed and mobile license plate reader cameras driven by machine learning and artificial intelligence, provides vehicle location data to public safety and commercial customers. Acquired in January 2019, this new product offering will expand the Motorola Solutions command center software portfolio with the largest shareable database of vehicle location information that can help shorten response times and improve the speed and accuracy of investigations.The Product Management Team works to ensure that products are aligned with customer needs and requirements, taking input from customers and internal stakeholders to define requirements for software development that enhance the product's value to the customer.
This position will guide the roadmap and execution of the roadmap for VaaS' hardware offering and supporting firmware
* Work closely with end customers, internal subject matter experts, sales and channel partners to a) understand customer applications and uses of the product, b) generate ideas to enhance the product s value, and c) assist sales/channel in generating business.
* Research and investigate new product ideas, document requirements in Jira, and regularly coordinate with the development team and other stakeholders to complete prioritized items.
* Coordinate with, and support, other teams to ensure thorough and timely adherence to the Company s Go-to-Market process for all product roadmap items.
* Regularly monitor and report on defined product performance metrics and work with development on ways to continuously advance the product s performance.
* Other responsibilities as defined by the Vice President of Product Management.
* Passion for exceeding customer (internal and external) expectations
* Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering, or relevant field preferred.
* Prior experience in a law enforcement role and understanding of police operations, investigations, and strategies.
* Prior experience in a traditional product management role highly preferred
* Ability to travel as required to Vietnam to work with development team and to an occasional trade show and/or customer meeting. Passport and ability to obtain a Vietnam visa are required.
* Highly organized self-starter; ability to take ownership quickly
* Maintain professionalism in all activities and communications
* Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and successfully meet deadlines
* MS Office skills required; Jira a plus, but not required
* Experience working in an organization employing Agile development is highly desired
* Ability to clearly and effectively communicate (written and verbal)
* Ability to understand, simplify, and verbalize, technical product features and benefits
Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering, or relevant field preferred.
Prior experience in law enforcement role or public safety.
REFERRAL PAYMENT PLAN
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS EMPLOYEE, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY THROUGH YOUR WORKDAY ACCOUNT..