Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
CLINICAL EDUCATOR, FULL TIME
The HCA CENTER FOR CLINICAL ADVANCEMENT (CCA) is part of our strategic nursing initiative to create an organizational structure (shared services) focused specifically on clinical education. The CCA will develop and deploy consistent world-class curriculum, content, and programs across HCA's 178 acute care facilities nationwide. The strategy of our center shared services implementation focuses on our amazing clinical educators dedicating their time in high value-add, top of skill efforts with our clinicians. To aid in this effort, HCA will leverage size and scale to share clinical education best practices across the enterprise and help make decisions that will positively impact our patient outcomes.
We're excited to advance and hope you will join us on our mission to support the care and improvement of human life!
For more than 34 years Raulerson Hospital has been providing our community quality healthcare with a personal touch. Raulerson is a 100-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of medical and surgical services for both inpatient and outpatient procedures. We are always looking for dedicated professionals to join our dynamic healthcare team and become a member of our family.
ABOUT THE AREA…
Okeechobee is a place that almost immediately feels like home. A unique, small community hospital with state of the art practices, in a down to earth community. Our spot in the Big Lake area of Central Florida affords world-class sports fishing, natural beauty, easygoing lifestyle and friendly people. Just a hop, skip and jump from many of Florida's cities and attractions, Okeechobee is an affordable place to live, a fun place to relax and a great place to thrive.
Raulerson Hospital is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment.
The CLINICAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT EDUCATOR (CPDE) is responsible for enhancing professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providing evidence-based, quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional and non-licensed clinical staff at assigned facility. Responsibilities include:
* Competency Management
* Research Evidence-based Practice (EBP)/Quality Improvement (QI)
* Collaborative Partnerships
* Professional Role Development
* Practices and adheres to the Code of Conduct
* Participate in providing simulation models in the simulation lab.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Required: Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical related field.
* Preferred: Master's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical field
* Required: 3+ years of experience in clinical education; 5+ years' experience in an acute care hospital
* Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, & TRAINING:
* Required: Currently licensed as appropriate to education in the state(s) in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation.
* Preferred: Certification as NPD Practitioner and/or clinical certification as recognized by American Nurse Credentialing Center.
* Required: BLS
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.