Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Abingdon, Maryland
How this role contributes to the Y’s mission:
As a Y Membership Associate, you’ll be the welcoming face of a mission-driven, charitable organization that helps children, adults, families, and communities live healthier, more connected, engaged and positive lives. Y Membership Associates are a primary and important point of contact for all members, participants and guests who walk through our doors or connect with us in any way. You will see and interact with community members on a regular basis and get to know those you serve. You will represent the Y brand and mission through your demeanor, actions, responsiveness and friendly ways. As a Y Membership Associate, you’ll contribute to the Y and to the larger community we serve by enhancing the Y member experience, making the Y an enjoyable and meaningful part of their lives.
This work is right for you if you have:
• A love of people with the ability to relate to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
• Enthusiasm, patience, good humor, good judgment and a can-do spirit
• An ability and desire to solve problems, answer questions thoroughly and get the answer when you don’t know
• A love for helping others demonstrated through previous customer service or sales experience
• The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children, parents/guardians, members, and other Y associates
• A willingness to be flexible with your work schedule to meet the needs of the Y community
• Reached the age of 18