Posted in Other 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Easton, Pennsylvania
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Process Control Specialist – Lehigh Valley, PA
The Georgia-Pacific Dixie® facility in Forks Township, PA is looking for a motivated professional to join our team as a Process Control Specialist. In this position, you will be utilizing your knowledge and skills around electrical and controls troubleshooting while building a fulfilling career. If you enjoy hands-on work where you can make a direct impact, this may be the opportunity for you!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
• Performing all work following electrical safe work practices, while finding and correcting substandard electrical working and safety conditions
• Troubleshooting industrial manufacturing equipment including control circuitry, safety circuitry, and programmable devices (PLCs, HMIs, drives, etc.)
• Provide technical support in the installation of electrical equipment and systems, to include working closely with other employees and/or contractors to perform the installation work
• Researching, resolving and communicating minor circuitry changes and updating AutoCAD electrical prints
• Participating in project design review, implementation, preventative maintenance, and predictive maintenance programs
• Identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing plans to streamline efficiencies
• Keeping documentation (drawings, programs) organized and electronically stored
What You Will Need:
• At least one and preferably both of the following:
• Experience reading and troubleshooting PLC logic using programming software
• Experience configuring or troubleshooting programmable devices such as drives (Servos, VFDs), HMIs, scanners, light curtains, AGVs, sensors, or safety controllers using device-specific software
• Experience troubleshooting control and power systems from electrical schematics
• Computer literacy including experience using the Internet to download and install software, search for troubleshooting information, read manufacturer manuals, etc.
• Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Willing and able to work on-call, nights, weekends and holidays as needed
• Willing and able to work in a hot/humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
What Will Put You Ahead?
• Experience performing logic changes in PLCs
• Experience designing power, control, and/or safety circuits
• Experience drawing schematics using AutoCAD
• Experience with PID control and loop configuration/tuning
• Experience troubleshooting and configuring networks and device communications (Ethernet, serial, Modbus, etc.)
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf