Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Antonio, Texas
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Center City San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our 354 bed hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our Suzell Waller Women's pavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, has earned an excellent reputation, one baby at a time.
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare and for the third consecutive year as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are pleased to announce it is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We have also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for our focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 5 consecutive rating periods, as well as Leapfrog's Top General Hospital award in 2017. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Metropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations.
As a professional Registered Nurse (RN) at Methodist, you would serve as an advocate for the patient and their family. We are looking for RNs who have a passion for serving humanity and want to deliver exceptional care to those they serve.
WE OFFER YOU A GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING:
* Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Discount Program
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Student Loan Repayment
CRITICAL FACTORS TO YOUR SUCCESS INCLUDE:
* Consistently applying the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients
* Collaborating with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes
* Communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities
* Demonstrating team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
* Accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and promoting a positive image of nursing
* You should be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program. If you have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or certification in your specialty area you will be considered more highly qualified and eligible for our RN IV position.
* You should possess your RN License to practice as a professional RN in the state of Texas or an Active Multi-State RN Compact License. If you have a Compact License you will be required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
* You should have a current BLS Certification
* You should have more than 6 months of clinical experience as a licensed RN
If you find this opportunity to improve the lives of our patients compelling, we encourage you to apply and learn more about how we can work together in \\"Serving Humanity to Honor God\\".
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.