Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
About the Position
The Forklift Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of Powered Industrial Equipment. The Forklift Operator is responsible for utilizing the lift equipment to move, load, unload, and stack products in preparation for shipping and receiving demands to meet customer needs.
• Safely operate Powered Industrial equipment to move products or materials for distribution such as standard sit-down or stand-up forklifts, clamp, and picker equipment.
• Load, unload, and store products and/or materials
• Stack and/or transport materials and products to designated areas.
• Use equipment to scan product and print labels
• Complete paperwork and operate inventory management systems as needed.
• Ensure product rotation procedures are followed.
• Complete cycle count as required
• Perform daily safely inspections per the Safety Checklist on forklift trucks
• Ensure facility is inspection ready at all times for SQFI, FDA, and customer needs.
• Communicate and report any incidents to supervisor.
• May perform housekeeping duties
• Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by Supervisor
• Minimum two years prior forklift operating experience. Must be a licensed forklift operator or be able to obtain a Forklift Operator license.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Pass Background and Drug screen
• Basic computer skills
• Attention to detail
• Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and touch challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with other to meet shared objectives.
• Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Situational Adaptability – Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• No travel requirements
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
• Warehouse Setting
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed. The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Kenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Per company policy, all internal job postings expire 14 days from the date they are posted.