Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Warn Automotive is a world leader in driveline disconnect technology. Our heritage comes from making WWII surplus Jeeps easier to drive on the road with the first unlocking hubs. We continue today by making disconnects for cars, trucks, and SUVs around the world. These trusted technologies come from years of innovation and listening to our customer's needs. We have a bright future ahead so come join our growing team at Warn Automotive.
Warn Automotive believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the individual nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing our mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing high quality products and exceptional customer service to our internal and external customers. In addition to maintaining a high level of trust, integrity and ethical standards, all employees are also expected to promote a culture of safety by following all safety procedures, protocols and guidelines while working in a manner that minimizes the risk of damage to property and injury to the employee and others.
This position will function as the primary Commercial Contact/Liaison for Warn Automotive within the assigned customers, projects, markets, and/or technologies. This position applies engineering discipline to a sales/liaison function to provide consultative selling in highly engineered environments. To properly interface with the Warn customer base, extensive and diversified knowledge of engineering and manufacturing principles and practices will need to be employed to help create value through engineering integration, as well as, managing the revenue and margin targets.
The Business Development side includes continual recruitment and development of new accounts, as well as, the introduction of new technologies to current accounts. Key Account management is critical, including customer systems/portal usage and data entry knowledge. Acts as the primary liaison between Warn and the customer on system and product-related issues. Functions as a \\"utility player\\" within the Sales group to help support market needs across all of the OEM landscape and provide coverage for other Sales team members in accordance with company needs.
* Participate in projects in support of Warn Automotive's strategic and team-specific goals which would include but not be limited to (1) Lead or partially lead multiple large projects simultaneously and direct the efforts of the organization to meet/exceed customer expectations in order to ensure successful project completion. This includes but is not limited to margin accountability for projects involving annual revenue potential above $50,000,000. (2) Participate as a support role for projects led by other Warn team members. Specific leadership and support of customer/market projects will vary based on the strategic growth pipeline and will require working within and leveraging the Warn organizational structure to accomplish this properly for all Warn functional areas. Must be comfortable working with constantly changing project priorities to optimize Warn Automotive growth opportunities.
* Facilitate and participate in communication that is professional, respectful, courteous and effective manner with all employees, customers, vendors, visitors and others with whom we may work or interact. (1) Consistently work with customer contacts, including but not limited to; project engineers, buyer/planners, quality, executive management, and shop floor personnel to build, maintain, and grow Warn Automotive's relationship with the customer. (2) Develop business case analysis with support from finance, program management, engineering, manufacturing, and other areas of the organization to fit Warn Automotive objectives. (3) Facilitate commercial, technical, and sometimes quality-related communication between Warn, customer and other supplier partners. Attend meetings at customer and other supplier facilities. (4) Facilitate customer and Warn-led design review meetings, as well as, continuous improvement, value analysis / value engineering, etc. (5) Take a leadership role in the meetings and assignments, aggressively pursue Warn-related issues at meetings, and quickly communicate information internally at Warn. (6) Work in a small remote office away from headquarters that houses program management, engineering, and manufacturing
* Sell Warn product in support of Warn Automotive's strategic and team-specific goals which would include but not be limited to: (1) Develop new markets, applications, customers and technology outlets for Warn Automotive products, core competencies, and intellectual properties consistent with the Warn strategy. (2) Support tradeshow activity where necessary. (3) Achieve annual revenue and earnings objectives within assigned customers. (4) Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of the Warn team to obtain financial goals and constantly improve Warn Automotive's competitive position in the market. (5) Develop monthly sales forecast to drive consistent, accurate data for assigned accounts; provide market intelligence on market, customers, competitors, and leading industry trends; evaluate and drive the continuing appraisal of pricing and other policies; and procedures with respect to assigned projects/customers/markets.
* Accountable for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance in assigned area. Accountable for developing and monitoring processes and practices necessary for legal and ethical compliance in assigned area.
* Strong Customer Relationships.
* Ethical Conduct.
* Communication Proficiency.
* Business Development Analysis.
* Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
* Collaborative and Strategic Mindset.
* Forecasting Accuracy.
* Negotiation Skills.
The required number of hours / week may vary depending on what is required to efficiently perform the job duties of this position. This position may require work outside of normal business operating hours in the early mornings, evenings and/or during weekends. Travel will be required to meet business needs and objectives and to support customers. Travel may be international.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college.
* Ten or more years of professional experience with business development, account management, application engineering, and/or project management responsibilities are required.
* Experience in a highly engineered product/industry role with consultative selling environment is preferred.
* Ten or more years of experience must include working with an OEM in the automotive market.
* Successful experience with customer negotiations and leading cross-functional groups.
* Career history characterized by strong employers operating in growth environments, stability in employment and success in assignments.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills commensurate with the job tasks and position necessary to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external customers while providing exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.