Job Description: Oregon Health & Science University
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: US-OR-Portland Req ID: 2019-2498 Position Category: Research Position Type: Regular Full-Time Job Type: Research Department: Casey Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology Salary Range: $41,812. - $65,073, depending on experience Schedule: Monday to Friday Hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm HR Mission: School of Medicine
The main objective of this position is to promote scholarly research into the diagnosis and management of eye disease, providing new knowledge that will ultimately lead to development of instrumentation and treatment of eye disease. This requires maintaining current knowledge of the pertinent literature, and formulation of rational clinical study design and statistical analyses to illuminate specific research questions. A significant percent effort will be placed on developing specific hypotheses, designing statistical analysis plans, calculating statistical power and sample size requirements, and writing and preparing presentations, manuscripts, and grant proposals in conjunction with other investigators such as Drs. David Huang, Yali Jia, Ou Tan, and Yan Li.
Function/Duties of Position
• Areas of research interest include clinical study design, control of data quality and completeness, missing data analysis, diagnostic accuracy analysis, longitudinal data analysis, survival analysis, regression analysis, disease progression analysis, and machine learning based on optical coherence tomography (OCT) and OCT angiography technologies. Give presentations of research results.
• Teach statistics to research and clinical trainees. Provide consultations on statistical methods.
• Due to the broad activities of the research techniques, this position may involve time advising junior laboratory personnel such as graduate and undergraduate students in statistical techniques.
Master's degree with specialty in Mathematics and Statistics. Experience in the design and analysis of diagnostic clinical studies and interventional clinical trials is highly desirable.
Three years experience
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills are critical.
• The successful candidate must be able to work well independently and assume responsibility for specific phases of research projects.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with team members are essential.
• Strong problem solving skills and creative thinking is essential.
• Familiarity with research design, statistics and the use of computers for research is highly desirable.
• Expert knowledge of statistical programming languages.
• Knowledge of MATLAB programming environment.
• Knowledge of neural network and other machine learning techniques.
• A working knowledge of common computer software including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work independently; willingness to serve as a positive and professional role model.
• Must have demonstrated record of reliable attendance, punctuality and proven successful performance in past and present.