Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
REGISTERED NURSE (RN)
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH ADULT UNIT
PRN 0.001 FTE
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood provides the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood's Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first - no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
The Mental Health RN manages the nursing care of patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Performs initial and on-going physical and psychosocial assessment according to accepted standards of nursing practice
* Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs
* Carries out physician orders
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs
* Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient
* Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients
* Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed
* Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
* Instructs and educates patients and families
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
* Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
* Current BLS Certification as a Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association).
* Current certification in CPI, or obtain within 30 days of hire.
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing preferred.
* Previous work experience on an acute Psychiatric Unit preferred.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.