Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Lewisville, Texas
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
WORK SCHEDULE: PRN Seasonal
9/15/19 TO 5/10/19
COMPLETION BONUS FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
MEDICAL CITY LEWISVILLE is focused on providing high-quality care to our community. As a MAGNET(R) recognized facility, licensed for 186 beds, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database of Nursing Quality Indictors.
Through our many well established professional practice councils and shared leadership model, MEDICAL CITY LEWISVILLE is committed to listening to our NURSING VOICE; which drives outcomes and impacts practice environments using evidence-based research.
We take pride in being able to support our Nurses through:
· Career enhancement reward systems
· Tuition reimbursement to advance nursing education
· Assistance with obtaining professional nursing certifications
· Professional Nursing library and relaxation room
Come join a team where Nurses say:
\\"IT'S VERY MUCH LIKE FAMILY HERE. EVERYONE IS FRIENDLY AND GETS TO KNOW ONE ANOTHER. WE TAKE PRIDE IN THE FACT WE HAVE SUCH A FRIENDLY CULTURE WHILE STILL BEING ABLE TO DELIVER EXCEPTIONAL CARE THAT RIVALS LARGER ORGANIZATIONS.\\"
POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The RN - REGISTERED NURSE - MEDICAL SURGICAL - MED/SURG provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, monitors vital signs.
* Provides post-anesthesia recovery care for the patient.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
* Current licensure as an RN or compact license.
* Current certification as a BLS and ACLS Healthcare Provider
* Minimum of one year of recent experience
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
* Associates Degree in Nursing required. Enroll in BSN program within 6 months of hire and obtain in 36 months.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact us at email@example.com
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.