Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Job Req ID: 3963
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI) is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
As a global leader in networking solution innovation, Super Micro Computer's mission is to develop and provide the market with end-to end computing solution and high performance networking products. We have an immediate need for a Hardware Design Engineer to join our talented and bright design team. The candidate will play a key role in the development process of in-house server motherboards, by working collaboratively with cross-functional engineering team as well as outside partners to ensure the robust design of the boards. The candidate must be self-motivated and possess a strong will to do great things, with a result-driven mindset to develop the most competitive and endurance board products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
• Responsible for schematics capture, layout checking, BOM creation, debugging, and testing of server board/add-on card products
• Modify and enhance existing designs to improve the quality of server motherboards
• Collaborate with engineering and other teams to discover and resolve any engineering issues in early stage to ensure the quality and performance of the products reach its full capacity
• Prepare technical documentation including product specifications, layout instructions, test procedures, etc.
• Ensure products conform to engineering specification, regulatory, and customer expectations
• Transfer products to manufacturing with clear documentation, and provide technical support to solve product problems
• Provide clear documentation and strong technical supports to contract manufacturers and production department during the product sample and production stages
• Provide necessary mentorship to young engineers in the team
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering preferred and Master's degree is strongly desirable
• 1 to 3 years of experience working with x86 server boards is a plus
• In-depth knowledge of circuit design (digital, analog, power) and PCB layout
• Prior experiences with motherboard design in enterprise networking servers are strongly desired
• Strong communication, written, oral, and interpersonal skills
• Must have the ability to work well with cross functional team effectively
• Excellent organizational skills and problem solving capability
• Self-motivated, team player with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)