Posted in Engineering 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Job Req ID: 5635 About Supermicro:
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Supermicro is seeking a Product Manager who can lead the development and integration of server/workstation system products for cloud and data center infrastructure. This is a key product management role focused on server/storage product solutions where communication among remote teams and on-site product leadership for our development teams is critical to develop and enable operations to fulfill roadmap expectation. In addition to developing new top-of-the-line systems, product manager is expected to collaborate with marketing and sales departments to promote products and interact with customers directly to sell these products. As a product manager, you will use strong technical and communication skills towards product definition strategy for Supermicro's core product family including research into vertical-based customer solutions and creation of aggressive go-to market plan. Ultimately, Product Manager will become a core member of the Server Product Management team and engage in technical, product development, marketing, and pre/post-sales support activities.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
• Develop product roadmap and lead the development and integration of server/workstation system products
• Develop and deliver a clear strategy and partner closely with marketing, engineering, and business development to provide a complete server solutions to customers
• Leverage strong technical background to create technical product requirements for cloud/data center infrastructure solutions based on customer requirements, industry trends and business requirements
• Engage with customers at various levels including senior executives, engineering, and product marketing to convey our capabilities and vision, and understand their challenges and requirements
• Escalate critical issues to high level management and vendors for solution as needed
• Provide product trainings to internal teams, sales teams and customers
• Provide 3rd level customer support to both internal and external as needed
• Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
• 2 years hands-on experience in system/server architecture
• Demonstrated ability in product marketing and/or product management role, must have managed a number of products from initial concept through development, launch, and end-of-life
• Strong knowledge with computer architecture
• Exceptional communication and presentation skill is a must, able to communicate effectively with customers to promote, answer questions, and receive feedbackPhysical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.