Posted in Engineering 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Job Req ID: 5761 About Supermicro:
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Super Micro Computer's is looking for a Sr. Hardware Design Engineer, responsible for researching, designing, developing and testing server and storage products. The candidate will play a key role in the development process of in-house server motherboards, by working collaboratively with cross-functional engineering team as well as outside partners to ensure the robust design of the boards. As a Sr. Hardware Design Engineer, you are expected to be self-motivated and possess a strong will to do great things, with result-driven mindset to develop the most competitive and endurance board products.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
• Responsible for schematics capture, PCB layout check, BOM generation, debugging, and testing on backplane, add-on card, and server boards.
• Responsible to run DVT on products by using scopes and testing equipments.
• Collaborate with BIOS/ firmeware/ validation engineers and labs to discover as well as solve any quality related issues of design in early stage.
• Create fluent technical documentation including product specifications, layout instructions, test procedures, etc.
• Transfer products to manufacture with clear documentation, and help technical support to solve problems.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• MSEE (CE) with 3 year or BSEE with 5 years of hands-on experience
• Understand of Intel PC architecture, Windows and Linux OS
• Knowledge of high speed digital circuits, PCB layout and Signals Integrity
• Strong problem solving capability
• Familiar with oscilloscope and other lab equipment
• Strong communication, written, oral, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Experienced in Linux OS shell and (script) automatic testing is a plus
• Self-motivated, team player with ability to work in fast-paced environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.