Posted in Engineering 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Job Req ID: 5901 About Supermicro:
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Super Micro Computer, Inc. is seeking System Product Manager to be responsible for the development and sales of Supermicro server solutions and value directly to customers. The ideal candidate will meet current and future business needs by developing and implementing latest server strategies and platforms. In addition, this role will manage the development of strategies, and projects to meet corporate goals and objectives.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
• Engage closely with the Research and Development team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule
• Manage the entire system product life cycle from conception, specification, prototype, to production and EOL
• Work with marketing to drive product roadmaps and develop solution strategy for successful product deployment based on deep understanding of customer requirements
• Develop high-level architecture design documents and provide internal and external training to cross functional teams (FAE, Marketing, Sales)
• Research and propose new solutions that would improve product quality during design and manufacturing stages
• Design the right solution architecture and services to meet customer needs
• Utilize strong project management and technical leadership to drive storage products development for sales
• Drive storage solutions to meet market demands of hyper-converged, converged, software-defined data center or Cloud Storage ServicesQualifications:
•BS/MS in EE, CE, CS is desirable
•5+ years product management experience with 3+ years of experience making server hardware products is preferred
• Ability to work independently and possess excellent teamwork and collaboration skill
• Excellent communication skills, including both written and verbal
• Highly detailed oriented with organization skills while managing multiple ongoing projects
• Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environmentPhysical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.