Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: McLean, Virginia
LMI is a government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
LMI is seeking a Data Science Instructor (SME) to support an Intelligence Community client. This position will be located in the Washington DC area.
* Coordinate requirements directly with the Sponsor and internal subject matter experts
* Collaborate with the Instructional System Designer to determine the modules / course outline for the requested courses
* Develop in-person training modules using a variety of systems and tools, including Github
* Provide proper documentation of all processes to support the Sponsor's creation of a formal course code
* Instruct classrooms of up to 20 data scientists, both solo and as a co-instructor, on courses personally developed, as well as those developed by other data scientists
* Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
* Masters in STEM or related
* Subject Matter Expert skill level
* 15+ years of experience in data science or a related field
* Ability to become familiar with current Agency priorities, programs, and issues in order to adapt training programs to reflect changes in Agency mission, structure, regulations, or processes.
* Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Outstanding facilitation skills to manage group processes and elicit student participation.
* Analytic and problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to apply structured analysis methods to various types of data to establish trends, determine variability, and diagnose the effect on training curricula.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Working knowledge of project management concepts and principles..
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.