Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
The Nursing Unit Secretary is responsible for performing clerical duties as indicated by the responsibilities outlined in this job description under direct supervision of the unit charge nurse. The associate is competent to provide clerical support to nursing staff, physicians and other members of the healthcare team. The associate is responsible for monitoring the nurses' station ensuring a healing environment for patients and their family members. The associate must also promote a healthy work environment for staff. The Unit Secretary must be flexible, efficient and accurate in carrying out the role. The Unit secretary is trained in the delivery of age appropriate care by hospital policy. He or she performs assigned tasks in accordance with the hospital's philosophy, values, standards, policies and procedures.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role.
- Performs clerical duties related to procedures, as they relate to the patient care unit.
- Enters physician orders in a timely manner and with accuracy, prioritizing order entry to ensure quality patient care.
- Ensures that all charts are supplied with appropriate forms for documentation.
- All reports are posted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists physicians, nurses and other members of the health care team with clerical duties, retrieving reports, etc.
- Relays messages to appropriate caregiver within 5 minutes of receiving message. Adheres to call bell response protocol.
- Ensures that diet/tube feeding changes are completed and credited every shift.
- Checks food trays within 10 minutes of arrival to floor. (if appropriate for unit.)
- Helps to promote stewardship of resources and environment of care
- Assists with the ordering of supplies to maintain appropriate par levels.
- Returns all equipment to SPD as soon as possible and at least by the end of shift.
- Assists with the monitoring of refrigerator / freezer logs.
- Cleans refrigerator, microwave and other areas when indicated
- Maintains the integrity of the PYXIS machine and inventory through pushing the 'take' button,
- Protects the environment of the patient care area as well as the hospital campus from vandalism and litter.
- Consistently uses appropriate 'scripting' as instructed when communicating with patients and their families.
- Models service excellence in caring for patients providing 'above and beyond' service consistently exceeding patients and families expectations.
- Strives to anticipate the needs of patients and takes initiative to meets / exceed patient's needs or wishes.
- Responds to call light promptly.
- Acts as a 'team player' assisting co-workers regularly when time permits.
- Must be able to prioritize workflow on a daily basis. Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form with individuals of various education levels including physicians. Ability to interpret medical terminology and possess an understanding of human anatomy and physiology.
- One-year minimum healthcare experience preferred
EEO is The Law - visit following page for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.