Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Redwood City, California
Functional Area: Sales & Business Development
As part of QIAGEN Bioinformatics, this QCI Interpret product research and development team is responsible for development, testing, deployment and support of QIAGEN Clinical Insight Interpret software and build confidently report results quickly to clinicians.
The candidate who fills this role will:
- Work on a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with Product and Scientists to Design and develop simple, intuitive, high performance and reusable frontend UI components.
- Write well-documented, extensible software code that is easy to maintain, and that adheres to generally accepted programming standards and OOP practices;
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features, including UI aspects and integration with server APIs;
- Be responsible for the overall quality of the code, including unit testing, functional testing and performance.
o Experience with modular, component based UI development (Web Components)
o Experience with passion for user-interface design.
- Knowledge of native DOM and Event API s
- Knowledge of browser quirks and their remedies
- Knowledge of Restful API and best practice.
- Knowledge of building insightful visualization for big data
- Develop a full stack data-focused software to analyze & process genetic data
- Cloud computing expertise preferred
- Knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of RDBMS systems (preferably Oracle DB or Postgres DB).
- Knowledge of Spring framework
- Previous experience working in life science industry is preferred
- Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate in Computer Science or equivalent
- Passionate for current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, accessibility, security and usability
- Strong collaborative ability and communication skills
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.