Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our UT Health Tyler hospital is seeking an experienced Referral Coordinator. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in our Outpatient Physical Therapy where you will be responsible for:
What You Will Be Doing:
- Answering phones and scheduling new and established patient appointments.
- Verifying insurance, obtaining authorizations for HMO, WC, etc.
- Determining deductibles, copays, coinsurance, and private pay amounts to collect.
So what experience are we looking for in our Referral Coordinators?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience with different insurances.
- A minimum of 2 years' recent experience in a clinic or healthcare setting.
- Preferred 2-3 years in a professional billing environment, with experience with computerized word processing and spreadsheet applications
Now that you read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).