Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Steampunk is seeking a Vice President of Design and Strategy to lead our Design & Strategy Pracitce. The VP of Design & Strategy would report directly to the Chief Creative Officer and serve as the Subject Matter Expert of Steampunk's digital and design strategy.
As Vice President of Design and Strategy you will:
* Act as the Steampunk Subject Matter Expert in digital/design strategy.
* Assist the Chief Creative Officer in leading our Design Studio
* Drive Steampunk's design & strategy quality, practice, and offerings that meet business and user goals as well as create new offerings
* Lead design & strategy points of view, proposal participation, and relationship management across our clients.
* Deeply understand the market and can speak to our clients about how design & strategy can be of value.
* Be responsible for craft and quality output across key projects, ensuring each project deliverable is of the highest quality.
* Assess performance and provide career guidance and performance decisions for members of Design & Strategy team.
* Provide directional oversight and assume accountabilty of the project team s work
* Collaborate with CGO and CTO to develop pitch presentation and project approaches
* Cultivate & maintain relationships with new and existing clients.
* 10+ years of relevant industry experience
* Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
* Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research.
* Mastery in two to three areas of expertise such as Strategy, Service Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design.
* Proven history of managing cross-functional teams to create successful solution.
* Highly proactive with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
* 4+ years leadership/management experience with demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience in a design discipline; a master s degree is preferred.
Steampunk is the explosive collision of human-centered design, technology and data. An employee-owned company with a startup mindset and time-tested approaches tailored for the federal government, we re passionate about creating solutions that are impactful, practical, scalable, and most importantly, that meet our clients ever-changing needs. At Steampunk, we believe in disrupting the status quo and setting the pace in the ecosystem of government contractors, while creatively improving tried-and-true methodologies. We believe in empowering our people to find innovative solutions to intractable problems. We believe the best environment in which to grow and thrive is outside our comfort zone. While good design makes for a good product, we believe human-centered design makes for an excellent one.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.