Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bellingham, Washington
Another Source s client, Western Washington University, is recruiting a Director of Alumni Relations for the University Advancement Team in Bellingham, WA. Internally this position is titled Director of Engagement, Alumni and Constituent Relations.
Here s a little about Western Washington University and the position they are recruiting for:
About the University
Western Washington University, with over 16,000 students in seven colleges and the graduate school, is nationally recognized for its educational programs, students and faculty. The campus is located in Bellingham, Washington, a coastal community of 83,000 overlooking Bellingham Bay, the San Juan Islands and the North Cascades Mountain range. The city lies 90 miles north of Seattle and 60 miles south of Vancouver, British Columbia. Western is the highest-ranking public, master's-granting university in the Pacific Northwest, according to the 2019 U.S. News & World Report rankings.
About the Division
The division of University Advancement supports Western's mission, which states that together with our students, staff, and faculty, we are committed to making a positive impact in the state and the world with a shared focus on academic excellence and inclusive achievement. University Advancement is actively engaged in moving forward the University s mission through supporting core themes, specifically advancing inclusive success. The external boards of the WWU Foundation and Alumni Association are dedicated to supporting Western s strategic plan, specifically through the student success campaign. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and other candidates from underrepresented backgrounds and with diverse experiences interested in this opportunity.
Is this Job for Me*
Reporting to the AVP Alumni, Annual Giving & Marketing and Communications, the Director of Engagement, Alumni and Constituent Relations will be part of the unit's leadership team to drive strategy and decisions. The Director leads a team of three staff members and is responsible for developing and managing the overall strategic planning, implementation of annual alumni engagement plans and daily activities for alumni events, services and programs to increase engagement with high potential alumni and key alumni segments. The Director will strengthen relationships that are mutually beneficial and result in philanthropic support for Western. Key engagement and service activities under the direction of the Office of Alumni and Constituent Relations include the Western Engaged program, reunions, regional events, student/alumni programs, alumni affinity based events, signature events, and programs specifically focused on our young alumni and alumni career assistance/networking. The Director is expected to encourage and facilitate innovation in both content and delivery of alumni best-in-class events, services and engagement programs.
As a director within the division of University Advancement, which encompasses all WWU fundraising efforts as well as alumni relations efforts, the Director will be expected to understand the relationship between all areas of alumni and constituent engagement, including fundraising, and the philanthropic development cycle. In addition, the Director will partner and interact with key volunteers, WWU donors, board members, division colleagues, and faculty and staff leaders throughout the university to ensure strong and collaborative relationships to maximize engagement opportunities and outreach. Additionally, the Director is responsible for overseeing and managing third party affinity revenue-generating relationships including the Alumni Travel Series, alumni insurance program and the Brick program. The Director will develop and oversee a budget; and oversee the accurate tracking and reporting of alumni engagement KPIs through regular analysis.
What are the Details*
* Creates Strategy and Implementation of University Advancement Alumni & Constituent Engagement Plans
* Develops, directs and successfully manages a long-range strategic plan for the alumni community in concert with the division alumni engagement goals.
* Leads alumni and constituent relations staff in the development and implementation of annual robust strategic alumni engagement plans, including KPIs, a master calendar of events and programs, volunteer activities, as well as regional and affinity based activities designed to most effectively increase alumni engagement with WWU, other alumni and students.
* Effectively manages the alumni engagement staff; clearly articulates core strategies, programming goals and message points essential for the staff s successful execution of alumni engagement programs.
* Develops a volunteer management strategy to include volunteer cultivation and stewardship, an effective recruitment structure and tracking system to meet alumni engagement goals.
* In partnership with the University Advancement Director of Communications and Marketing, develops and manages an alumni communication strategy to include print, social media, web and other channels as appropriate.
* In partnership with Director of Development, Annual Giving & Alumni Membership, develops and manages an alumni engagement strategy that increases alumni philanthropy and Alumni Association membership using alumni engagement programs, volunteers and services.
* Advises the AVP Alumni, Annual Giving & Marketing and Communications on strategy effectiveness and makes recommendations on new strategies to engage with alumni through affinity-based efforts that result in increased volunteerism, alumni association membership, event attendance and philanthropy.
* Directs Signature Alumni Engagement management and programs to increase Alumni Engagement
* Provides vision, develops, oversees and manages key engagement and service activities under the direction of the Office of Alumni and Constituent Relations including the Western Engaged program, reunions, regional events, student/alumni programs, alumni affinity-segment based events, signature events, and programs specifically focused on our young alumni and alumni career assistance/networking.
* Develops, plans and manages key signature programs including the WWU Alumni Awards, Golden Vikings Reunion, Paint B ham Blue for WWU VIP Reception, Governor s Mansion reception, and WWU Alumni Weekend program using a strategy that increases engagement. These events will be executed in partnership with University Advancement Events staff.
* Develops regional alumni affinity engagement programing strategies in key geographic areas including, Seattle, Olympia, Kitsap County, Tacoma, Portland, California and Arizona to meet alumni engagement goals.
* Future program development will include offering post-graduate career assistance and networking to alumni as well as opportunities for students and alumni career-related interactions.
* Reporting and Analytics
* Oversees and sets measurable goals, evaluates, forecasts, tracks and enhances alumni engagement programs based on analytics and KPIs
* Provides ongoing analytic reports of alumni engagement program results
* Monitors alumni behavior and adjusts plans and strategies to maximize efforts and achieve ROI
* Revenue Generation Program Management
* Oversees the ongoing development and management of the WWU Alumni Association revenue generation programs to increase revenue and service benefit to alumni including Alumni Travel, Bricks and Alumni Insurance Offerings.
* Negotiates contracts with affinity and vendor reps and facilitates contract on behalf of WWU Alumni Association and in coordination with Ex. Director, and appropriate university partners.
* Monitors program performance
* Reviews, monitors and approves promotional activities.
* Identifies additional affinity