Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Trenton, New Jersey
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding sales opportunity? Stop your search! PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, experienced sales professional to accelerate our growth of laboratory instrumentation in the Food Industry. The successful candidate for this position will be expected to successfully drive sales growth through existing customers and recruit and retain new customers.
What We Provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
The Analytical Food Sales Team represents PerkinElmer s portfolio of analytical products including chromatography, inorganic, and spectroscopy, calling on large food processors and food testing labs. The ideal candidate will manage a territory which includes travel throughout the region, serving our current customer base, and bring significant growth by prospecting and penetrating new accounts. We are asking that the individual be highly motivated, have a team mentality for achievement, and have a willingness to learn new methods and technologies. Ideally the candidate will have at least five years of sales experience of capital equipment to food customers, a degree in science, and the motivation to succeed.
- Develop a strong, working technical knowledge of the portfolio of products serving food markets.
- Develop, implement and execute a strategic business plan to grow PerkinElmer s revenue in food testing capital equipment in the assigned territory.
- Responsible for all aspects of territory management, including prospecting, establishing and maintaining relationships in large food processors and food testing accounts, and closing deals with new and existing customers.
- Conduct effective seminars and presentations.
- Manage and maintain a healthy funnel of opportunities, provide accurate forecasts, and successfully convert the funnel to revenue to meet the territory sales quota.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and willingness to take ownership of results.
- BS in food or related science discipline preferred.
- 5+ years capital sales experience in the food testing industry, with proven ability to carry and deliver a sales quota over $2M annually
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships at a high level within large strategic accounts.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a results-focused approach to achieving daily goals/activities.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information.
- Willingness for 50% overnight travel.
- Must possess a valid driver s license with a good driving record.
We look forward to hearing from you!
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer? is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.