Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Winston Salem, North Carolina
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE Connectivity's Channel division collaborates with our distributor partners on TE s global distribution vision, strategy and business initiatives by aligning our goals to drive faster growth and better serve our mutual customers through the delivery of unsurpassed service and value. From marketing strategy, sales training and customer care to supply chain, pricing and new design engineering, TE s Channel division supports distributors throughout the entire sales process. Supporting all TE business units, Channel employees have the unique opportunity to gain a well-rounded understanding of the company. Channel owns the small customers for TE and works with a dedicated group of distribution partners to drive growth while delivering unsurpassed service and value to both TE s small indirect customers and distributors. JOB OVERVIEW
Reporting to the VP of Global TE Operating Advantage, TEOA (Continuous Improvement), the Director of Operations Strategy will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of transformational initiatives across global TE operations, logistics and supply chain. The Operations Strategy leader will work closely with business unit/segment operations and strategy leaders as well as TEOA organizations to tackle strategic challenges to enable consistent performance to our customers as well as continued gross margin expansion. An example of one such challenge is increasing operations flexibility and responsiveness throughout the business cycle. The individual who is successful in this role will be positioned to move into a regional/global multi-site operations leadership position within a TE business unit. RESPONSIBILITIES
* Support development and implementation of global operations strategies that align and support the long-term strategy of the company
* Lead development of strategy presentations and communications
* Drive a rhythm of accountability to execute strategic imperatives
* Identify and define best practices that create more flexible operating models and drive adoption systemically across TE through TEOA, centre of excellence (COE), scorecards, etc.
* Work cross functionally to develop and pilot working models to create supply chain flexibility.
* Support global COEs and manufacturing engineering work to define flexible equipment, tooling and floor space to improve enterprise capital efficiency
* Partner with Business Unit and Segment leaders to optimize TE manufacturing footprint utilization including creation of cross business unit capacity sharing models
* Lead select initiatives to deliver extraordinary customer experiences, ECE, for operations
* 10+ years of broad manufacturing management experience in a best-in-class global manufacturing environment with a strong preference for plant management experience
* Demonstrated ability to solve strategic problems that expand beyond operations (market differentiators, customer needs, commercial terms, logistics network, etc.)
* Extensive experience with development and execution of business and/or manufacturing strategy in a large multi-site matrix organization
* Strong business acumen with the ability to understand the commercial, operational and financial priorities of the business and align manufacturing strategy and initiatives on the areas of highest impact.
* Managerial courage, gravitas and influencing skills to partner effectively
* Organizationally savvy, but not political, and can effectively navigate between Business Unit, Segment and Enterprise needs seamlessly.
* Effective communication skills to translate strategy to action for broad employee groups within the business and across the enterprise.
* Track record of driving and managing change in a dynamic environment and achieving results by setting high standards and holding people accountable for performance.
* Proven experience leading and coaching to improve individual and team performance.
* Bachelor's degree required. Master's in Business preferred
Building Effective Teams
Managing and Measuring Work
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)